Why does my personal environment keep going to sleep?

Why does my personal environment keep going to sleep?

It's my understanding that personal environments go to sleep because they are not being used, but I have a personal environment that is used every day.  I have data to prove this, yet Outsystems keeps putting it to sleep every few weeks.  What do I need to do to keep it awake?

If you don't publish anything on your personal environment (I think it's 20 days), outsystems will push your personal environment to sleep. If you are just using app developed on it, OS considers that it's not used for development.

I thought it was enough to just login in to your personal space to keep it awake. Do you really have to publish a new 'release' ?

Hi Kristof,

Yes, you do. The reason behind this is that it's a developer environment. If you don't develop, it's considered not used. It's explicitly not meant as a user environment.

Suraj Borade wrote:

If you don't publish anything on your personal environment (I think it's 20 days), outsystems will push your personal environment to sleep. If you are just using app developed on it, OS considers that it's not used for development.

Hi Suraj,

If we just re-publish the current code that we have on the personal environment, does that count?

(just curious though as publish mean like having code changes or just re-publishing)

Cheers,

JohnB

Hi guys,

In fact, these is the rules to keep your env online:

Logs into platform via Service Center or Service Studio+5 days
Wakes up environment+10 days
Publishes an app/module+10 days
End User(s) 7+ times in a week+10 days

Web Service does not counts to keep env alive.

Cheers

Fabio Fantato

Hi Fábio,

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to that info?

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Hi guys,

In fact, these is the rules to keep your env online:

Cheers

Fabio Fantato

Hi Fabio,

I get the other 3 on the list, however, a bit confused on the 4th. What does it mean?

Cheers,
JohnB

John Guiller wrote:

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Hi guys,

In fact, these is the rules to keep your env online:

Cheers

Fabio Fantato

Hi Fabio,

I get the other 3 on the list, however, a bit confused on the 4th. What does it mean?

Cheers,
JohnB

The 4th is regarding the end user access. i.e, the user that logs into your application (Users entity).

Should be a flow of access (logged features) more than 7 times in a week.  It could be 7 different users doing login or one users doing login every day, for instance.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fábio,

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to that info?

Hi Kilian,

There are a link to this , but it is an internal wiki. The info is public but the link is not. 

Regards

Fabio

Hi guys,

I suddenly have come to think of it, what about if all the pages are set to be anonymous wherein it is just a for display web app and no logins required, what will happen to that environment? 

In my initial thought, it will not be sufficient therefore the environment would still sleep, right?

Cheers,

JohnB