No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier is correct.

No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier is correct.

Hello

I am trying to submit an app to the appstore, but I ran into the above error. When I try to upload the generated .ipa file with the Application Loader from xcode it returns the error: No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier is correct. 

It does not even give an option to complete any settings or change any settings. 

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution

Hey, Vonnelize,

Not the biggest expert on the matter, but when I asked around, people pointed me towards this SO answer.

Have you checked if an app identifier matching the one you are trying to publish appears on the Web dashboard?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Solution

Hey Carlos, 

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate any help I can get.  I easily published to the Google Playstore, but I am struggling with the AppStore. It is definitely not a "one button click" as was said at the next step conference last year. I have been struggling for weeks to get this done. I dont own a mac, so I have to borrow one each time I want to try something else ;-)

I used the app identifier that was automatically generated by Development Studio on the native platform tab when you click the gear icon to configure the settings. I also used this app identifier on the application loader to upload the file. I assume that the bundle identifier the same as the app identifier and I am pretty sure that I used the same one. 

I cannot remember specifying the app identifier when I created the certificates. Could it be that I completed something incorrectly on the certificate? Maybe I should start all over again...

Thanks!

Hey again, Vonnelize,

Well, let me try to list the steps I believe you need to follow to get the app you need to upload:

1. Create a Distribution certificate on your Apple Developers account (you might need a Mac here, to get the Certificate Sign Request file to upload); don't forget to download and export it into a p12 file, using a Mac;
  2. Create an app identifier for your app; choose carefully, because this will be used to identify your app from now on;
  3. Create an "App Store" provisioning profile choosing BOTH your previously created app identifier AND Distribution certificate; you don't need to specify identifiers when creating a certificate, but you will need to do it when generating your provisioning profile;
  4. Generate an app with the App Store configuration, using the app identifier you picked, the certificate you exported and the provisioning profile you downloaded.

The resulting IPA file should have all the necessary configurations to be uploadable. You can then use the instructions here to upload it to iTunes Connect. Don't forget to login with the same account you used to create the app identifiers (or in the very least one you have visibility with).

Please let me know how it went afterwards. :)

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hey again, Vonnelize,

Well, let me try to list the steps I believe you need to follow to get the app you need to upload:

1. Create a Distribution certificate on your Apple Developers account (you might need a Mac here, to get the Certificate Sign Request file to upload); don't forget to download and export it into a p12 file, using a Mac;
  2. Create an app identifier for your app; choose carefully, because this will be used to identify your app from now on;
  3. Create an "App Store" provisioning profile choosing BOTH your previously created app identifier AND Distribution certificate; you don't need to specify identifiers when creating a certificate, but you will need to do it when generating your provisioning profile;
  4. Generate an app with the App Store configuration, using the app identifier you picked, the certificate you exported and the provisioning profile you downloaded.

The resulting IPA file should have all the necessary configurations to be uploadable. You can then use the instructions here to upload it to iTunes Connect. Don't forget to login with the same account you used to create the app identifiers (or in the very least one you have visibility with).

Please let me know how it went afterwards. :)

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos,

So, it's been a while since I last tried to publish to the App Store since I struggled to get hold of a mac to borrow.

The step that I missed was the creation of the app identifier on Itunes Connect before uploading it on Application Loader. This was not mentioned anywhere in the outsystems how to guides that I followed. Once I created the app on Itunes connect everything went well and I am waiting for the apple review to be completed. Thanks for your help and the link you shared with me.

By the way, I struggled for around 8 hours to get xcode installed on the mac so that I can access application loader. Is there anyway to get around using xcode?

Vonnelize

Hello, Vonnelize,

Great to know you were able to upload your app! We haven't looked at alternatives to using XCode, since it's looks like the most "authentic" way of doing it, but there have been people getting replies to a similar request on Stack Overflow, as well. If you're willing to try it, it might speed things up with a new Mac, but you'll still need it, unfortunately.

Regarding the feedback, I'll be sure to discuss it with my colleagues. Since you do not use a Mac for most of the development process, it does make sense that some indication that you need to create an app on iTunes Connect should mentioned somewhere.

Thanks for letting us know! Feel free to reach us if you need help with anything else!

Best regards,

Carlos Simões