Accessing/extracting Mobile App user input data

Accessing/extracting Mobile App user input data

Hi, 

I'm trying to locate where the data on the cloud gets stored - I've created this simple mobile app which allows a user to log in and leave feedback, once they have selected their choices/entered some text in the boxes, they can submit and log out. 

Now on Outsystems (personal environment), when I click on Data, Databases and right click on my Entity and 'View Data' I can see exactly what the users of the mobile app have put in but cannot find an option to extract. how would I access this data/extract it now? Where does it get saved? As I expect the file to get a lot larger and this is only a preview option that I have. Thanks!

Hi Samir,

You can also create an action to export the table results to an excel. Would that achieve your goal of having the data?

Regards,

António Pereira

António Pereira wrote:

Hi Samir,

You can also create an action to export the table results to an excel. Would that achieve your goal of having the data?

Regards,

António Pereira

Hi Antonio, thank you for your reply. I understand that this option is to allow the end user to download an excel copy - I want access to this info from a developer side without putting it into my app, is this possible? So every time someone answers a question on the app, an option to save/extract the data that this creates as seen on the 'View Data' screenshot. Thanks

I'm afraid it is not possible to access the database when using the personal environment as you can read here.

Have you thought about creating a public REST endpoint to return the data from the table? You can then call it using the browser or a tool like Postman.

Hi Samir,

You can try to use this component http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1093/data-extractor/

It allow you exporting the csv for all tables you select on the interface.

Why don't you have a separate app for the developer to access and see the information? It didnt even need to a mobile application as long as the developer had more permissons to access that "Backoffice" application than your normal users.

If you set your entity as public you can the reference it in other applications and create nice pages to see it, instead of just see it / extract / export.

Would that fulfill your needs?

Regards,

João Rosado