Snowflake DB Connector

Hi Everyone,

Recently we created a data lake at OutSystems as part of our digital strategy. For that we've selected snowflake (a cloud based data wharehouse) to support our approach.

Because most of our applications are built with OutSystems (duh!) we needed to find a way to connect our own applications and for that I've build a DB Connector using the Database Integration API.

You can find the latest version of the code and the connector here. This connector is compatible with OutSystems Platform 10.

Unfortunately this connector is not compatible with our Enterprise Cloud offer. Why? Basically the OutSystems database SDK requires an OLEDB driver but Snowflake only provides an ODBC driver that needs to be physically installed on the server. Because that is not possible on Cloud Infrastructures currently it's only possible to use this on a OnPremises infrastructure.

In order to use the connector first you need to install the ODBC driver provided by snowflake and then follow the installation instructions (check the README on github). After that you'll be able to configure an external database connection and import your tables as you would any other type of table.

This connector was built at OutSystems for internal use and we're now deciding to release it to the community but is not supported by OutSystems. For any questions you can use this thread and I'll answer when possible. 

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

This is pretty cool. Do you think you'll put it in the Forge anytime soon?

Hi Kilian,

As this is released in the form of c# source code as well as the connector library dll to be installed on the server it won't be released on forge. You can find the code and/or the library on github (https://github.com/LGuilhas/Snowflake-Connector).

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme Pereira, I´m trying to create my own database connector, how can I do that?

Hi Armindo,

I recommend you to start in our knowledge base and check the video for the the DB Integration presentation (here).

To get your hands on the SDK you should contact OutSystems Support.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

Hi Armindo,

I recommend you to start in our knowledge base and check the video for the the DB Integration presentation (here).

To get your hands on the SDK you should contact OutSystems Support.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Ok. Thanks for your help Guilherme Pereira!..