How to add dynamic structure in SQL ?

How to add dynamic structure in SQL ?

Hi Team,

i need to create a structure based on number of inputs (attributed) typed by the user. 

How can i achieve this ?

Regards,

Shanmuk

Hi shanmuk,

Can you please elaborate it with an example?

I can suggest one thing you can keep the structure as text type for generic usage and keep comma or pipe"|" for separation of records and later you filter it through the loop by using split function string on basis of that separator.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi shanmuk,

Can you please elaborate it with an example?

I can suggest one thing you can keep the structure as text type for generic usage and keep comma or pipe"|" for separation of records and later you filter it through the loop by using split function string on basis of that separator.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi Manish, 

I have a input text box and a grid below to it.

If i type select * from employees   it will return employee details (suppose 4 attributes) into the grid. 

if i type select employee name from employee it should return only 1 attribute into the grid.

so how can i give output structure to SQL a dynamic one so that, according to number of attributes i need to retrieve dose many structure attributes should be generated dynamically.\

Here is my sample OML

Regards,

Shanmuk

so when i type 'delete from user'  it will display xxx records deleted ? You managed to create a nice sql injection program :-) I can even create a sql which would make my account admin on the outsystems server .. 

OutSystems isn't really very dynamic, the only way to do it is like Mansih suggested, always have a list of text as the output of the sql, and be sure to concatenate all fields together, this will require you to build a sql preprocessor changing the sql string the user typed to something you can handle.