Insert table in a mobile application

Hi, 

Does anyone know how to insert a table in a mobile application? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi Louie,

Did you try to use a List with HTML elements inside?

Regards,

António Pereira

Hi Antonio,

Sorry, how do you use the HTML element? Up until now, I still have no idea how to use it. Thanks.

Regards,

Louie

Solution

An Html Element widget lets you add a custom html element like a span, table..

In this case, you can use a <table>, <tr>, <td>... to create a table. Check the attached oml to understand how I'm implementing the table. It's a dummy table but I think it's enough for you to understand.

What kind of table do you want to add to the screen? If you are not careful, a table in a mobile screen can result in a UX issue.

Solution

Hi Antonio,

The list widget was unable to recognise subscript and superscript font used in excel so I used columns and containers. Thanks for the help anyway; your method should work for other users who need not use subscript and superscript in their tables. 

Regards,

Louie

António Pereira wrote:

In this case, you can use a <table>, <tr>, <td>... to create a table. Check the attached oml to understand how I'm implementing the table. It's a dummy table but I think it's enough for you to understand.

What kind of table do you want to add to the screen? If you are not careful, a table in a mobile screen can result in a UX issue.

Hi,

I have a problem while creating table.

I want to add tabler header but i don't know how to solve it.

Can you advise me the way to do it?

Thank you very much.

Hi Nguyen,

Based on the answer I wrote above, you can add an Html element for the header, like this

Does it help you?

Regards,

António Pereira

António Pereira wrote:

Hi,

I know you mentioned a table in mobile screen can result in a UX issue, but I have this issue where the the table columns don't space out properly to the full width of the space available. There should be eight columns in the screenshot, but now it's just a string of text with a couple icons.

I then defined the width of the tr element to be 100% and I got a better result, however it's still not good enough.

Now it takes up the entire width, however as you can see the columns don't line up and some of them are up against the next column. I was hoping I could have had uniformed columns for this. Or is there another way to be able to display my records in a uniform table like this?