[LDAP] How LDAP Works

[LDAP] How LDAP Works

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 2014-11-24 by Filipe Jacinto
15 votes
Published on 2014-11-24 by Filipe Jacinto

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how LDAP Works? Also If it's working with Outsystems 10? 

Also if possible can you tell me how to setup ? i am currently trying to work this app / plugin on my local environment. Im new to outsystems. Sorry and Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks,

Deus.

Hi,

I personally never used this component, but just to guide the conversation here a bit:

What are you trying to achieve with it?

This component allows access to LDAP data, but it may be a bit advanced for someone that is new in OutSystems.

If you are just trying to login your users using LDAP I recommend you to check if the configuration options in the Users application are not enough for your needs. Check the /Users/ in your environment,  it is part of the System Components that come by default with the platform and provides basic LDAP capabilities for user authentication.

Regards,

João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi,

I personally never used this component, but just to guide the conversation here a bit:

What are you trying to achieve with it?

This component allows access to LDAP data, but it may be a bit advanced for someone that is new in OutSystems.

If you are just trying to login your users using LDAP I recommend you to check if the configuration options in the Users application are not enough for your needs. Check the /Users/ in your environment,  it is part of the System Components that come by default with the platform and provides basic LDAP capabilities for user authentication.

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi Joao,

For what i am trying to achieve is. I want to access a user from other server / domain. this will be used for validating if a user can Login to the site. unfortunately the location of the user will not be on the /Users/ of Outsystems.

Is this possible?

And what are the supposed value of LdapBasicPath, LdapPassword, LdapUsername in eSpace > Site Properties? can you give me an example? i have my own test environment.

Thanks for your reply.