[App Feedback Connector] Integrating feedback with Jira

[App Feedback Connector] Integrating feedback with Jira

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 28 Jul by Leonardo F
3 votes
Published on 28 Jul by Leonardo F

Hello,

We are planning to integrate the Feedback with Jira. JIRA is installed internally in Schneider. We can get the details around the JIRA APIs (like the API URLs etc.) from the team which manages the JIRA platform here in Schneider.

But just wanted to ask if you have a sample code how we can call the API and submit feedback to a particular task or to a user story.

Thank you

Tapas

Hi Tapas.

Yes, there's already a component for that: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2153/feedback-to-jira/

When you first open it in a browser, you'll be presented with instructions on how to configure it. It creates JIRA issues for each feedback, and you can customize the project and the issue type.

If you want it to automatically include the issue in a user story, you can add that functionality in the SyncFeedback method.

Hi Leonardo,

I have configured as per the instructions and can able to see the feedback as issues in JIRA.

I have couple of questions here.

1. How can i configure  each Outsystems application each JIRA Project. 

2. Also, found that, when i close the JIRA issue, i can't see the same status in /ect_provider , how can i achieve that?

Please help.

Thanks 

Siva Prasad

1. How can i configure  each Outsystems application each JIRA Project. 

For that, you will need to customize the JIRA synchronization process, which is a timer in the FeedbackToJIRA module. The action GetUserFeedback already outputs the ApplicationName (under the DevelopmentDetails structure), so you could use that to map each feedback to a different project during the execution of the timer.

2. Also, found that, when i close the JIRA issue, i can't see the same status in /ect_provider , how can i achieve that?

That would need a hook on JIRA's side, to notify ECT of the issue that was closed. I'm not sure how you would do that, but one good place to start is to find some project similar, i.e. that extends JIRA as to execute some command when an issue closes.

Or you could just simply forget about ECT_Provider and use JIRA to manage all of the feedback. That was really the intention of these set of components.

Thanks Leonardo, I will try this and let you know.  Thanks once again.

Siva Prasad