moving javascript to the footer

Hello, I have done some optimisation testing on my Outsystems website using Google Pagespeed insights. One of the suggestions is to move render blocking scripts to the footer. I am wondering what is the best way to do this?

thanks

Hi Tiki,

It would need you to determine what parts of JavaScript are blocking and need to be moved. 

But in general since most blocks have their own JavaScript and the screens are done by composition of the blocks it is really hard to move them to the end of the page. A good practice that is usually used is to have the scripts only run after the page ready. Most scripts that use jquery should already use this method (since it's the recommended way to use jquery) to avoid blocking the render ...and it is A LOT easier than moving the scripts.

Also In some particular cases it is actually necessary to block the render in order to avoid page flickering too much, so keep that in mind when analyzing it.

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi Joao, that's unfortunate because the mobile site scored 61/100 on a google speed test. Results below:

• Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
  • Optimize images
  • Minify CSS
  • Minify JavaScript
  • Leverage browser caching

STeve