[How To - Build an App with Multilingual support] Change default locale

[How To - Build an App with Multilingual support] Change default locale

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2015-01-23 by José Ramalho
3 votes
Published on 2015-01-23 by José Ramalho

Hi,

I created a multilingual web application. Is there a way to change default locale to a language other than English? 

Solution

Hi Yasser,

As far as I know, it is not possible to set the default locale at design time (in the ServiceStudio).

As an alternative, try to use the "OnBeginWebRequest" system event (right-click on "ServerActions" > "Add System Event"). There you can call the "SetCurrentLocale" system action to your default locale.

Does it work for you?

Regards,

António Pereira

Solution

António Pereira wrote:

As an alternative, try to use the "OnBeginWebRequest" system event (right-click on "ServerActions" > "Add System Event"). There you can call the "SetCurrentLocale" system action to your default locale.

Thanks Antonio. It works perfectly.

I have another question. What is the difference between OnBeginWebRequest and OnSessionStart? 

António Pereira wrote:

Hi Yasser,

As far as I know, it is not possible to set the default locale at design time (in the ServiceStudio).

There is (or at least there used to be) a way to "swap out" the language that an eSpace was written into a separate locale, while pulling in another of the languages into the module via some command line option.

I wonder if that is still there, and it it implicitly changes the default locale when the module loads?

Miguel