OutSystems Cloud using Docker containers

OutSystems Cloud using Docker containers

Hi,

I noticed that Mendix recently released a Cloud Foundry-based solution using Docker containers.

http://www.hostingjournalist.com/cloud-hosting/mendix-releases-cloud-foundry-based-low-code-mendix-cloud-using-docker-containers/

I can imagine this is also something that could be done for the OutSystems platform.

Any ideas on this?

Regards,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Yes, this is a trend that is picking some interest in the market and an active subject of investigation at OutSystems. We are eager to share experiences with customers, to understand the best fit between OutSystems and containers technology.

Feel free to send me a Direct Message to schedule a further discussion.

Regards,

Joao

Hi Joao

I'm willing to port one Outsystems application to docker and kubernetes,  but I heard that there's no support to run containers for now. Are you able to discuss about it?

Hi Giancarlo,

I'm sorry for repeating myself: this an active area of research at OutSystems and we are looking to share experiences and use cases. 

Our end goal is to enable the relevant use cases, bringing real productivity and business benefits. "Being able to run on Docker" is only part of the story.

So, yes, I'm certainly interested in your experience and point of view. Please DM to schedule a further discussion.

Thanks,

Joao