[Google Drive Connector] Error parsing Response date

[Google Drive Connector] Error parsing Response date

Forge Component
(33)
Published on 5 Jun by OutSystems R&D
33 votes
Published on 5 Jun by OutSystems R&D

When I used the Version 1.1.6 of the connector I started getting.

Failed to parse response of the method 'FilesList' of the 'GoogleDrive' REST API: The value '2017-05-24T16:23:15.570Z' is not valid for Date.

If I change the structure attributes from datetime and date to text I'm able to fetch the files.

That seems more of a Platform problem with REST dates than with the Google Drive Connector...

Hi João,

Version 1.1.6 has only a fix to the demo module, not to the Connector itself, so it's unlikely it would have introduced the issue.

We will take a look and let you know what we find.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi João,

What is your platform version?

I have done a quick test on the 'FilesList' method and everything worked fine.

Thanks,

Hugo

I'm on Version 10.0.407.0 of the platform on my personal.
I also got the feedback that other people didn't get the error but some other did.

@Daniel Luz I also think that is a problem of the platform trying to parse the date from the REST API

Hi João,

I think this is a problem related with deserialization, could be caused by configuration on your personal environment, never the less, we will keep investigating this issue and let you know what we find.

Thanks,

Hugo

Solution

Hi João,

We found the problem, and also the reason why you were able to reproduce it and we weren't.

It is indeed a parsing issue, but it's a bug in the Connector. The SharedWithMeDate attribute of the File structure has type Date, when it should be DateTime. This is what causes the parsing error, as the data sent by Google is DateTime.

We weren't able to reproduce it because our test account doesn't have any files shared with it, and in that scenario there is nothing to parse so the error doesn't happen.

We will publish an updated version of the Connector with this fix soon.

Thanks,

Daniel

Solution