Feedback Message 

Feedback Message 

I'm facing an issue with Feedback Message. 

We are displaying a feedback message to user , after he completes the form and submit it.

When the feedback is still visible (until he goes and click cancel ) , if user refreshes the page or clicks F5 the action is being performed again. Say if we had stored data in DB before showing the feedback message , on refresh it is inserting a new row again.  Any pointers on how to resolve this issue.

Hi

Are you sure it is the feedback message that causes that? The feedback message is just a visual element (closing it has no server interaction or page data change).

Can you replicate it in a small example that you can share?

Note that in most cases with submit buttons clicking F5 will do exactly that (the browser usually even warns the user that he will be resubmitting form information).

Regards,

João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi

Are you sure it is the feedback message that causes that? The feedback message is just a visual element (closing it has no server interaction or page data change).

Can you replicate it in a small example that you can share?

Note that in most cases with submit buttons clicking F5 will do exactly that (the browser usually even warns the user that he will be resubmitting form information).

Regards,

João Rosado

Hello João Rosado,

I have also face above issue in my application. can you give me more detail. how can i solve this issue ?

Regards,

Chirag Baroliya

Hi Chirag,

As João said, this had little to do with the feedback message, and everything with how submitting works in a browser. What is the exact scenario you have?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Chirag,

As João said, this had little to do with the feedback message, and everything with how submitting works in a browser. What is the exact scenario you have?

Hello Kilian Hekhuis,

I have attach one application. When you add new category and save this category then after when you refresh page F5, one more time category will be saved

That is my issue, How can i solve issue. I don't want saved one more time same category 

regards

Chirag Baroliya

Solution

Hello Chirag, 

The problem is that you are using a destination in the save action.
It will do a "server redirection". If you notice, you will see that the browser address is still pointing to the Category page. As so, if you press F5, you will resend the data and save it again.

Change the destination to use an ExternalURL and put the address of the homepage, and this will not happen.

To avoid problems with servers, you can mount your URL using GetEntryURL(), like this:

GetEntryURL(entry name, espace name)

Where entry name is the name of your page (without the extension) and espace name is the name of your espace.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Good post Eduardo.

I will also suggest to check what is the method of your button when you are submitting the page.

I faced issues when my method was Submit. Also check if you can use Ajax Refresh to refresh the screen.

I will suggest to change the method as Ajax Submit, refresh the part of screen and then try the same behaviour.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Chirag, 

The problem is that you are using a destination in the save action.
It will do a "server redirection". If you notice, you will see that the browser address is still pointing to the Category page. As so, if you press F5, you will resend the data and save it again.

Change the destination to use an ExternalURL and put the address of the homepage, and this will not happen.

To avoid problems with servers, you can mount your URL using GetEntryURL(), like this:

GetEntryURL(entry name, espace name)

Where entry name is the name of your page (without the extension) and espace name is the name of your espace.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hello Eduardo Jauch,

I have one more question.

Can i change Feedback Message direction ?.
After category saved,  Success message should come  from Left direction

Right now it is come from Top direction.

regards, 

Chirag Baroliya

Hi Chirag,

You can do that.

Open feedback message in Richwidgets module. It will open a clone. See how it's implemented (Javascript, CSS) and you need to make changes to move it from left to right.

Suraj Borade wrote:

Hi Chirag,

You can do that.

Open feedback message in Richwidgets module. It will open a clone. See how it's implemented (Javascript, CSS) and you need to make changes to move it from left to right.

Hello Suraj Borade,

Can you give me demo. Exactly what are saying

Regads,

Chirag Baroliya

Chiraj,

It is not possible to do this in RichWidget's Feedback Message, because this behavior is "hard coded" in the JavaScript of the widget. 

If you want to change the behavior, what Suraj is suggesting is to make a clone of the RichWidgets eSpace, copy the Feedback message component (and everything required) and change the JavaScript to do the way you want.

Personally I think it is too much trouble because of something so small...
So, if it is not something that will have an important impact in the application, I would not mess with this :)

But I think there is a Feedback Message component in Forge that may do what you want. You can check it.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Chirag,

Right click on feedback message in RichWidgets.

Check how this is implemented in Rich Widgets here in clone module.

Override this Javascript code in your application so that it will move from left to right or make one module for this feedback message, override code and use that module as feedback message.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi GOPINATH REDDY REDDIGARI,

You can use the below forge component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Details.aspx?ProjectId=1079 

Regards,

Manish Jawla