[Camera Plugin] Front/Back Camera Direction Parameter
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D

Please add parameter for default FRONT/BACK Camera Direction.

It is already implemented on the cordova camera plugin (CameraOptions).

Thanks.

https://github.com/OutSystems/cordova-plugin-camera#module_camera.CameraOptions

Solution

Hi guys! I just want you to know that we've listened to your feedback and we've addressed some limitations of the Camera Plugin. So starting from V7.0.1 of this plugin (now booked as under development on Forge), you can define such things as the Quality, Width, Height, and Encoding Type (JPEG, PNG) of your photos and camera setting parameters such as Camera Direction and the ability to save the picture to your gallery. You can define these parameters just by selecting/defining the properties of the TakePicture action.
In addition, we've created two new blocks that should appear on the widget's panel after you install the new version of the plugin. These blocks hugely accelerate the implementation of "Take Picture" or "Choose from Gallery" actions. Likewise, you can define the properties of these blocks to choose the image quality parameters that suit you better.

Have a look at the new documentation page of the Camera plugin for more information on these new features.

Please, try out this new version by going on the versions tab of Forge and downloading V7.0.1, and let us know what you think. We should be passing this version to stable in a couple of weeks. 

Hello Harlin.

Great feedback! We'll take a look at available options.

Thanks

If possible, please fix the resized image output.

Image output from this component was already resized (good, minimize bandwidth), but resized image looks jagged/not smooth, especially if using 16 megapixel camera commonly found in modern mobile phone.

If you interested, I have develop an image resize component using JS Canvas (currently only tested under Chrome/Android, I don't have Mac/Safari/iPhone).

I use these approach when resizing from massive image resolution:

1. Use gradual resize (resize to half, then half again, loop until image is small enough)

2. Use sharpening algorithm because resized image can look soft

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2078/image-utils-mobile/

Hi, 

Is the Camera [Front/Back] Direction works with you? because I tried it in mobile android and it's not working.

I'm using this plugin

{
    "plugin":
    {
        "url": "https://github.com/OutSystems/cordova-plugin-camera#4.0.3-OS4", 

Regards,

JJ Tugade

Hi, Please can you add more parameters to the plugin? ( front/back camera, image size, quality, etc ?)

Solution

Hi guys! I just want you to know that we've listened to your feedback and we've addressed some limitations of the Camera Plugin. So starting from V7.0.1 of this plugin (now booked as under development on Forge), you can define such things as the Quality, Width, Height, and Encoding Type (JPEG, PNG) of your photos and camera setting parameters such as Camera Direction and the ability to save the picture to your gallery. You can define these parameters just by selecting/defining the properties of the TakePicture action.
In addition, we've created two new blocks that should appear on the widget's panel after you install the new version of the plugin. These blocks hugely accelerate the implementation of "Take Picture" or "Choose from Gallery" actions. Likewise, you can define the properties of these blocks to choose the image quality parameters that suit you better.

Have a look at the new documentation page of the Camera plugin for more information on these new features.

Please, try out this new version by going on the versions tab of Forge and downloading V7.0.1, and let us know what you think. We should be passing this version to stable in a couple of weeks. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.