Login info

How can I give the condition to remember my usere namealone

Not clear what do you want.

If you just want to save your username for one session, use session variables.

i want the username with which i last logged in to remain in the login page when i sign out..

Suraj Borade wrote:

Not clear what do you want.

If you just want to save your username for one session, use session variables.

i want the username with which i last logged in to remain in the login page when i sign out..

Use User entity in aggregate.

Add filter condition as User.Id = GetUserId()

and use username from that aggregate.

You could probably do it with cookies (theres methods to set and get cookies in the HttpRequestHandler extension) ... but a cookie like that would most likely be violating the cookie agreements and/or security of the end-users (since it would contains personal information)

Also most browsers automatically fill and/or clean username fields by default, so I'm not sure if they would respect the filled information.

Why is that a requirement of the application?

Why does the user logout to login again? Doesn't  the remember credentials from the browser solve it for you?

Regards,

João Rosado

I only want the user login id to remain and the password should be blank. But when i use remember me option it remembers both username and password. If someone by mistake forgot to uncheck the remember me option this will mean that his credentials will be remembered by the system. So what i'm Trying to do is that i want the system to remember only the username and not the password and i have created the sign out option to redirect to the sign in page. So the username should remain in the input box when a user sign out.

Hi,

When a user uses the Logout option and the Logout() system action is called, even all the "Remember Passwords" that the user may have checked are invalidated and removed. So if a user uses the logout, forgetting to unckeck the box is not an issue.

Also you did not answer my main questions:

Why is that a requirement of the application?

Why does the same user logout to login back in again? 

Regards,

João Rosado

The user doesn't login the next minute after he logs out. It is just for convenience that the user id is to be displayed. In the users personal system if the user name and password is both displayed it brings about a security issue. Anyone else who has access to his computer will be able to login using his credentials. So i want only the user name to be filled in the login page. The password must be provided by the user so that it prevents other people from login with his profile. By default both the fields are automatically filled. I want to edit the Login_User action to remember only the user id like in facebook login page where the user email id is given but not the password.

Use "Set cookie" in HTTP Request Handler to put a cookie on the user's system with their username, and use "Get Cookie" to read that cookie and pre-fill in their username on th eLogin page.

J.Ja