Integrate with existing patternlab

Integrate with existing patternlab

At this company they have a patternlab with components connected to multiple of their applications.

Is it possible to connect OutSystems (for a mobile app) to this patternlab, for example to create/generate webblocks (which update html+css now and then)?

Or should this be possible with Integration Studio?

Hi Bram,

You can implement your own patterns (or use those existing) in OutSystems using blocks.

I don't understand what you call to "connect OutSystems to this patternlab", but be aware that poorly implemented components (components not respecting the screen/blocks lifecycle) could have a big impact on the performance of the mobile application. Make sure those components work well in the OutSystems mobile app.

Can you give an example of a pattern to be adapted to OutSystems?

Regards,

António Pereira

António Pereira wrote:

Hi Bram,

You can implement your own patterns (or use those existing) in OutSystems using blocks.

I don't understand what you call to "connect OutSystems to this patternlab", but be aware that poorly implemented components (components not respecting the screen/blocks lifecycle) could have a big impact on the performance of the mobile application. Make sure those components work well in the OutSystems mobile app.

Can you give an example of a pattern to be adapted to OutSystems?

Regards,

António Pereira

Hi António, thanks for the reply.

The patternlab consists of HTML+css+javaScript snippets of components (not OutSystems). When they get updated, all connected applications are updated. Of course all components can be recreated in OutSystems from scratch, but it takes some time and they wont get updated when the component in the patternlab updates.

I wonder if it is possible to somehow convert these code snippets into OutSystems WebBlocks. Then it will be possible to use these converted webblocks within OutSystems to build the screens and interaction with.

An example is a question/answer component to build a quiz. It consists of a piece of html, css and javascript.