how can i get combo box value?

how can i get combo box value?

hello,

i'm novice developer on this.

I fetched data from excel to combo box(Employee) and there are several columns in it as below.

and i set up Employee.Address as  source attribute.

Name | Age | Address etc..

i also created value for combo box as TEXT and assign it to combo box(vAddress).

however when i print vAddress, i only can get nummeric number like 1 or 2 ...

i think this is  ID for Combobox entity.(Am i right?)

How can i get Address value from combo box result using vAddress?

Hi Dong-Seop,

For a combo box, the Source Attribute is the attribute that's visible in the combo box. The Source Identifier Attribute is the attribute that's returned in the Variable. Typically you don't want to have the actual text in your variable, but the underlying Id, so you can use it in queries etc.

Unfortunately, if the Source Attribute is an attribute from an Entity, Service Studio will grey out the Source Identifier Attribute, and assume it's the Entity's Identifier. In case you don't want that, there's a trick, which is to add to the Aggregate a new Attribute, make it equal to the description, and lo-and-behold, you can use that new attribute as identifier :). (If you need details on that, just ask!)

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Dong-Seop,

For a combo box, the Source Attribute is the attribute that's visible in the combo box. The Source Identifier Attribute is the attribute that's returned in the Variable. Typically you don't want to have the actual text in your variable, but the underlying Id, so you can use it in queries etc.

Unfortunately, if the Source Attribute is an attribute from an Entity, Service Studio will grey out the Source Identifier Attribute, and assume it's the Entity's Identifier. In case you don't want that, there's a trick, which is to add to the Aggregate a new Attribute, make it equal to the description, and lo-and-behold, you can use that new attribute as identifier :). (If you need details on that, just ask!)

Hi Kilian, 

I tried using this (I have the same issue), but there was an error when the identifier attribute of my entity was of type text. Any advice?

Thanks!