[Google Login Plugin] Use Google Login

[Google Login Plugin] Use Google Login

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 6 Jul by OutSystems Labs
6 votes
Published on 6 Jul by OutSystems Labs

Hi,

I 'm using GoogleLoginPlugin from the Forge. I walked trough the steps from the page: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/25869/configuring-the-google-plus-login-plugin-for-android/

When I use the GoogleLogin Client Action, I get the error "2" with the message "TouchID is not defined". No idea how to solve this. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance. Regards,

René

René van Britsem wrote:

Hi,

I 'm using GoogleLoginPlugin from the Forge. I walked trough the steps from the page: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/25869/configuring-the-google-plus-login-plugin-for-android/

When I use the GoogleLogin Client Action, I get the error "2" with the message "TouchID is not defined". No idea how to solve this. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance. Regards,

René

Hello,

That error means that the Google Login Plugin isn't available where you are testing it. This is a Cordova plugin, so to use it, you'll need to run the application on a mobile device (Android or IOS).

With your post, we could detect that the error message is wrong, it should say "Google Plugin is not defined".

Let me now if you need more help.

Thanks,

Magda Pereira

Hi Magda,

thanks for your response. You're right. The Plugin isn't available. But I am running the application on Android. Do I need to install something so that I can use the Plugin?

Thanks again.

René

Hi René,

Like Magda said, because you included a couple of plugins, you need to be using a generated shell for your application to run on the device. 

Let me be clearer. There are 4 ways you can run your mobile application:

• in the desktop's web browser, using the preview in devices
  • in the mobile web browser, navigating to the application URL
  • in the standard shell - OutSystems Now - where some BUT NOT ALL OutSystems supported plugins are available for use (not your case if you're using Google Login Plugin)
  • in a custom generated shell, using the Service Studio's Native tab to generate your Android or IOS application and then installing the resulting IPA or APK files (scanning the QR code)

Only the last scenario will work for this plugin. What is the scenario you are currently on?

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Grazina wrote:

Hi René,

Like Magda said, because you included a couple of plugins, you need to be using a generated shell for your application to run on the device. 

• in the standard shell - OutSystems Now - where some BUT NOT ALL OutSystems supported plugins are available for use (not your case if you're using Google Login Plugin)
  • in a custom generated shell, using the Service Studio's Native tab to generate your Android or IOS application and then installing the resulting IPA or APK files (scanning the QR code)

Only the last scenario will work for this plugin. What is the scenario you are currently on?

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Hi Joäo,

I'm using the scenario:

I installed the APK file on my Android phone. Still I am getting the same error message. By the way: I use the CheckGoogleLoginPlugin now. The error message is ok now. Do you  have more ideas?

Regards,

René

René van Britsem wrote:

Grazina wrote:

Hi René,

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Hi Joäo,

I'm using the scenario:

I installed the APK file on my Android phone. Still I am getting the same error message. By the way: I use the CheckGoogleLoginPlugin now. The error message is ok now. Do you  have more ideas?

Regards,

René

Hello,

I think that you need to add to your application in the Extensibility Configurations the following JSON:

"
{
    "plugin":
        {
            "url": "https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/cordova-plugin-googleplus#5.0.3",
            "variables": [{
                "name": "REVERSED_CLIENT_ID",
                "value": "{iOS URL scheme}"
            }]
        }
}
"

In this last update of the plugin, we remove this JSON from the plugin to have the possibility of reuse the plugin in multiple applications, so you need to add this JSON to your application.

You can have more information about How to Configure the Google Login Plugin here.

Let me know if it results.

We'll try to improve this experience.

Thanks,

Magda Pereira 

Thanks Magda, 

I am a little bit further now. I can select the Google account. When I do that then I get the errorcode "0" with message "10".

Regards,

René

Solution

René van Britsem wrote:

Thanks Magda, 

I am a little bit further now. I can select the Google account. When I do that then I get the errorcode "0" with message "10".

Regards,

René

Did you check in the GoogleLogin client action the ClientId and the Scope?

Cheers,

Magda Pereira

Solution

Thanks Magda, I used the wrong ClientId. 

I followed the steps again and now it is working. Thanks!

Regards,

René