[Camera Plugin] Camera Pugin Resolution

[Camera Plugin] Camera Pugin Resolution

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D

Hi Guys,

Is there a way that I can increase the resolution of the pictures that are taken with the Camera Plugin?

Average size is between 30 and 60 kb , but I need the pictures to be much more clear.

Thank you in advance!

Solution

Hey, Stefan,

I had a look at the plugin and it looks like we have the settings hardcoded to 60% quality and JPEG format.

However, you can clone the plugin and change those settings to increase quality, namely on the 'TakePictureJS' node, on the 'Take Picture' action. Have a look at this section from our GitHub repository, for reference on what's possible to do.

Can you try changing the setting to 100 and tell us how it went?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Solution

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for pointing me into the right direction. In my situation the bottleneck was the targetHeight/ width. This is set to 600 in the same TakePictureJS-node. When I increase it to for example 2000 the size of the image increases also. 

Solved! 

Best regards,

Stefan Dirkx

Great stuff! Glad to know I helped!

I'll also pass on the feedback about these more complex settings.

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

i had this requirement also, it would be nice to be able to control the resolution/ size of the image

Hi Linguo,

You can change the resolution by changing the targetHeight/ width in the TakePictureJS-node of the plugin. If you want to have a different resolution on different places in your apps, then you can add an inputparamter to the take picture action which you pass on to the TakePictureJS-node.

Good luck!

just found out that i am using the default upload widget... any idea how to change the default setting?