[Google Login Plugin] Google login plugin redirect to wrong google API in ios after last update

[Google Login Plugin] Google login plugin redirect to wrong google API in ios after last update

  
Forge Component
(6)
Published on 6 Jul by OutSystems Labs
6 votes
Published on 6 Jul by OutSystems Labs

We are using google login plugin a while ago but since 5th of June we have problems with the login in ios devices, because we are redirected to the wrong google api, even without any change in the reversed client id. It seem to stop working since the last update, could you tell us if it is related to it or not?

In android devices this solution works properly.


We need it asap.


Thank you for your attention.


Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Solution

Inês Vizela wrote:

We are using google login plugin a while ago but since 5th of June we have problems with the login in ios devices, because we are redirected to the wrong google api, even without any change in the reversed client id. It seem to stop working since the last update, could you tell us if it is related to it or not?

In android devices this solution works properly.


We need it asap.


Thank you for your attention.


Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Hello Inês,

With this last update, we moved the Extensibility Configurations to the application, so we can reuse the Google Login Plugin in multiple applications.

Could you check if you have Extensibility Configurations in the plugin? If you don't have, you should add to your application, the following Extensibility Configurations:

"

{
    "plugin":
        {
            "url": "https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/cordova-plugin-googleplus#5.0.3",
            "variables": [{
                "name": "REVERSED_CLIENT_ID",
                "value": "{iOS URL scheme}"
            }]
        }
  }
}
"

You can find more instructions to get this key here.

Let me know if it works.

We'll work on improving this.

Thanks,

Magda Pereira

Solution

Hi Magda,

Thanks for your help, we already solved that problem.

But now we have an error related to invalid username and password and before this update we always could login without problems. Could this be related to the three new variables of the login function (ForceApprovalPrompt, OneToOneEmailMapping and CreateGoogleUsers) ?

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards 

Inês vizela

Hi Inês

Can you provide more information about the values you're passing as input for those parameters and also the use case you want to cover?

Those variables were already present inside the component and its values were provided as site properties (force approval prompt is new). If your use case isn't the one covered by the default values you'll need to pass new values as input.

Regards

Hi Inês,

In addition to the information that Francisco gave you. Take a look at this post that explains how to use the plugin with the lattest changes.


Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Hugo

Hello.
First of all i am Ines's colleague and we are really sorry for beeing replying so late but we didnt notice Francisco's reply.
We did a major error because we were using the GoogleUser entity from google login plugin and not from the GoogleCore module because we didnt notice that change.
We also add some doubts about the Input parameters but their names pretty much described them and we figured it out fast and got it running.
Best regards.
Francisco Freire and Ines Vizela.