[OfficeUtils] Excel_Export_GenerateFile Intermitent Workbook already contains a sheet of this name

[OfficeUtils] Excel_Export_GenerateFile Intermitent Workbook already contains a sheet of this name

  
Forge Component
(17)
Published on 26 Apr by Elena Novozhilova
17 votes
Published on 26 Apr by Elena Novozhilova

Hello all, I have been getting "workbook already contains a sheet of this name" for only specific cases, unable to determine the cause , did anybody have this issue or guide me in the right direction why this could be happenning

Keerthi Vardhan Sriperumbudur wrote:

Hello all, I have been getting "workbook already contains a sheet of this name" for only specific cases, unable to determine the cause , did anybody have this issue or guide me in the right direction why this could be happenning

Hi! Are you using cloning functionality? What are you using as a "SheetName"?

Best regards,

Elena


Elena Novozhilova wrote:

Keerthi Vardhan Sriperumbudur wrote:

Hello all, I have been getting "workbook already contains a sheet of this name" for only specific cases, unable to determine the cause , did anybody have this issue or guide me in the right direction why this could be happenning

Hi! Are you using cloning functionality? What are you using as a "SheetName"?

Best regards,

Elena



Hi Elena, 

Thank you for a quick reply, actually working on fixing an existing functoinality, SheetToClone was "Template", looking at the OfficeUtils Extension the Description in SheetToClone ["Name of the Sheet from the Template which should be used as a Template for new one."] I modified the SheetName in "SheetToClone" paramater to "Import" as it exists in our TemplateFile, Now I get "Objectreference not set to an instance of an object",

And the actual SheetName is being derived from Entities Description.


Keerthi Vardhan Sriperumbudur wrote:

Elena Novozhilova wrote:

Keerthi Vardhan Sriperumbudur wrote:

Hello all, I have been getting "workbook already contains a sheet of this name" for only specific cases, unable to determine the cause , did anybody have this issue or guide me in the right direction why this could be happenning

Hi! Are you using cloning functionality? What are you using as a "SheetName"?

Best regards,

Elena



Hi Elena, 

Thank you for a quick reply, actually working on fixing an existing functoinality, SheetToClone was "Template", looking at the OfficeUtils Extension the Description in SheetToClone ["Name of the Sheet from the Template which should be used as a Template for new one."] I modified the SheetName in "SheetToClone" paramater to "Import" as it exists in our TemplateFile, Now I get "Objectreference not set to an instance of an object",

And the actual SheetName is being derived from Entities Description.


Hi Keerthi,


It is really hard to guess without looking to the implementation. Can you please provide an example of what you are doing here.


Best regards,

Elena