How to set Home page based on role and access

How to set Home page based on role and access

Hi,

After user login, i want to redirect the page based on user access and role.

i tried changing the Login Server Action destination and its not working. Its always redirecting to Default Entry 

Is there any way we can set the destination?

Solution

I have added another web screen called Home Page, Set Home page as default entry after login.

In Home Page Preparation i have written the logic to transfer the Landing Page. Its working fine. But not sure any built in option are available?

Solution

Hi, Sekar 

you can add this check in the login page flow and then redirect to more than destination as you want, you can check roles and every thing, better than redirect to another page. 

Mohamed ElMokadem wrote:

Hi, Sekar 

you can add this check in the login page flow and then redirect to more than destination as you want, you can check roles and every thing, better than redirect to another page. 

Hello Mohamed,

Everything depends on context, but usually this is not a "good" practice, as most of the time, the "login" screen will be in a module and you want that if the user clicks in the logo/title of the application, he goes to its home screen. 

So, would be better to put this logic in a blank "home" page, usually in the Application Theme module, where every link that must return to home points to. The login page you don't need to touch, as by default, the login will redirect you to this home automatically (if it is the default entry point and the theme is the default module), or to the previous screen the user was.

This way you cover all the possibilities from "going to home", without having to care about who is calling and placing the logic to do this in a single place and without messing with the login page.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch