[Employee Onboarding] Employee Onboarding application Error

[Employee Onboarding] Employee Onboarding application Error

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 2016-10-20 by OutSystems Labs
10 votes
Published on 2016-10-20 by OutSystems Labs

Hello All,

I downloaded the employee on-boarding application from the forge everything is working perfectly but I am not able to sent a mail to the new hires. This step is not working. I even configured the email settings in application manager. Do i need to add any other component or configure something?

Please help 

Hello Swati.

Have you configured the Email Configurations inside Service Center? 

See in the image above:

Hello Goncalo,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have done all the above configurations. I am getting the following error. Is it outsystem's error or my server's?

Time of Log
eSpace
Server

2017-06-15 13:04:59EmployeeOnboarding
(Employee Onboarding)
Error sending email 14: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.253.116.2:25    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at #H2c.#G2c.#j3c.#G2c()
EmailE265N-DV2YKRDetail

Hello Swati.

From the error you're getting I would say that it appears to be a connection issue. 

Try using the TELNET command with a "25" after the host ID or IP address to test it.

Or even a problem with the DNS name resolution (maybe if you have a server being internal, it can't resolve its own external DNS name). 

Hi Goncalo,

I will look into the DNS name error. Thanks a lot . Your advice was helpful. :)