Streaming Live Video in Mobile

Streaming Live Video in Mobile

Hey all,

I am attempting to build an app that will take a live video streaming format like RTSP, RTMP, MPEG-DASH, Apple HLS, etc... and display it in the device. I have found the streamer app in the forge, but it does not demonstrate the behavior I am seeking.

An example would be as follows: I would like to build a mobile client which will display a live feed coming from an IP camera. Has anyone had any success with this or even tried to do it yet? I am not seeing anything else in the forums. 

BTW I am currently attempting to do this in the personal cloud edition if that makes a difference. Thanks a lot, everyone!

G.

Hi Grayson,

When you say "does not demonstrate the behavior I a seeking", what exactly doesn't work? Does it work at all? Does it work but differently from what you need (and if so, how)?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Grayson,

When you say "does not demonstrate the behavior I a seeking", what exactly doesn't work? Does it work at all? Does it work but differently from what you need (and if so, how)?

Sorry, I was not able to get it to work at all. I am not able to attach any OML at the moment. Ideally there would be an element which I could give a stream URL (rtsp://<url>, rtmp://<url>, etc...) and it would be able to play the live stream. I don't know enough about hybrid-native technology to know if this is even possible.