Mobile application download problem

Mobile application download problem

Hi everyone.

I am new to OutSystems and I have a question that may seem basic to you but is a headache for me.

Currently I am developing a mobile application and on a certain screen I have an entity represented by a pile chart and I would like to export that entity to a file that can be saved on a smartphone or a tablet.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Can you clarify what you want to export? Is it the pie chart, a list of the data points that originated the pie chart, or both?

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Can you clarify what you want to export? Is it the pie chart, a list of the data points that originated the pie chart, or both?

Well I have an entity that is used to store some information about users: their names, ratings, and the date on which they rated (a user can rate several times and thus each time a user rates new row is created in the entity).

I placed a button on a certain screen and when it is clicked the 'ratings' entity must be saved on the device in a certain location.

This is the problem.

Solution

I still don't understand what's the format you want to use to export the info, but since your issue is the actual file download, I guess you could look into the File Plugin component on the Forge. There's also a sample application that shows you how to use the file plugin.

This may not serve your purposes, though, since on iOS you'd want the file to be saved in the context of an app that can read the file. Eventually just having the button that opens a new page that generates the file and ends in a Download widget may be a better option. You could create a web application that consumes your mobile application's entity and has a screen just for this.

Solution

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

I still don't understand what's the format you want to use to export the info, but since your issue is the actual file download, I guess you could look into the File Plugin component on the Forge. There's also a sample application that shows you how to use the file plugin.

This may not serve your purposes, though, since on iOS you'd want the file to be saved in the context of an app that can read the file. Eventually just having the button that opens a new page that generates the file and ends in a Download widget may be a better option. You could create a web application that consumes your mobile application's entity and has a screen just for this.

Thank you for your response and sorry for answering you this late.

I have already found a way to solve this problem.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your effort to help me out.

Manvel Soghomonyan wrote:

Thank you for your response and sorry for answering you this late.

I have already found a way to solve this problem.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your effort to help me out.

Sorry for bringing this back, but I'm having the same issue and would like to know your solution because all others have failed me.