Query another entity in default login page instead of only users

Query another entity in default login page instead of only users

I have multiple Entities with different roles, and not just User how can I join my other entities to the default login page of outsystems so i can authenticate other entities to login page

Hi Christian,

You can change the login query to whatever you need. You just have to make sure that the user exists in the Users entity and that you use the User_Login function to create the User Session.

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to build?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

What I mean is how will I authenticate another entity on login page that was provided by outsystems.
The only way I see is Either I make my own login page and my own server to somehow authenticate the user.
I have tried editing the e space but I'm having an error. So which one is the better way, making my own login or just edit the e space when the login logic is.

Hi Christian,

With the OutSystems Platform it is mandatory to use the Users entity and the User_Login action for authentication of Users, because the license structure of the OutSystems Platform is based on number of users.

In order to login users which need to be authenticated via an external service, you can call the external service, authenticate the user there and return the username of that specific user.

When this username is returned to OutSystems, you can CreateOrUpdate the Users table with this username and use the UserId from OutSystems to login (without password)

For external databases / different entities, you can do the authentication in Outsystems by hand and then also create a copy of the user in the Users entity.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga