[Salesforce Connector] Salesforce Connector - Not able to retrieve notes in the Account

[Salesforce Connector] Salesforce Connector - Not able to retrieve notes in the Account

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 22 Mar by OutSystems Labs
10 votes
Published on 22 Mar by OutSystems Labs

Hi,

I am extending Salesforce Connector to get Notes in Account.

Its was stored in ContentNote Object. (Attached Saleforce ContentNote Data model)

Account is and ContentNote is linked with ContentDocumentLink Object.

I am able to pull records in ContentDocumentLink Object.

But when i pull data from ContentNote i am getting the below exception.

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'ContentNote' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Salesforce Data Model for ContentNote

I have used RazorSQL( one of the tool used to query salesforce table) to pull data from ContentNote.

Its working fine. Its seems there is no issue with the object name.

Razor Tool Screen Print

Could any one help me how to pull ContentNote Objects?

Hi Sekar,

I cant be sure without further investigation and detailed information (this is a supported connector for our customers, please ping our support if it is urgent). However I can tell you that the connector current version is 25 and ContentNote is only supported on versions 32 and above, while ContentDocumentLink started on version 21.
It seems that that's the root cause of the problem.

I can also tell you that we are currently working on upgrading and changing our Salesforce Connector. Unfortunately I cant assure you of a release date.

Regards

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for reply,

do you have any Tentative release date for this. because i need to display content note in my web app.

Hi Sekar,

We are currently analyzing upgrade approaches and doing gap analysis to understand what new features we can add. However, if/when it happens, it will be a long process. That said I can't give you a release date but I can assure you it won't be available before middle August so I would recommend you to do a manual upgrade if you need it before then.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for the swift response,

I am doing new web development, For Notes i can integrate it in the last.

Hi Sekar,

I just published a new version of Salesforce upgraded for .Net from version 25 to version 40.
This is still under development as we still need to do more tests to ensure quality and upgrade the Java stack, but feel free to test this version as it should solve your problem if you're working with .Net.

Regards

Solution

Hi Sekar,

I just published a new version of Salesforce upgraded for .Net from version 25 to version 40.
This is still under development as we still need to do more tests to ensure quality and upgrade the Java stack, but feel free to test this version as it should solve your problem if you're working with .Net.

Regards

Solution

Hi Francisco,

Thanks, It will be really helpful for me.

Hi Francisco,

I tried the Version 3.0.0 and i have added structure and server Action for Content Notes.

Now i am able to retrieve the content notes.

Thanks.