Save and Continue

Save and Continue

How to save a form and continue editing and display the sub table?

1. Fill-up Main table for User Request header

2. Save and Continue

3. Display Sub Table for  Request Items

4. Add Request items with reference to the User Request Header (ID)

5. Save and Close (screen)

Thank you.

Hi Edwin,

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. What is a "User Request Header"? What kind of "main table" and "sub table" do you mean? Are these Table Record widgets? Could you please explain a bit more, preferably with a screen shot?

Solution

already found a way to do it. thank you.

Solution

Edwin Siruma wrote:

already found a way to do it. thank you.

Hi, I have similar requirement, could you please help me to understand your solution.

Hello Z M

What you want (if you want the same thing as Edwin (as for what I understood), is what is called a Master Detail page.

You have an entity that is your main entity, and another, where you have items associated to a record in the main entity.

The easiest way to do this is by scaffolding. But you must guarantee that you have a foreign key, in the Items entity, pointing to the main entity.

Than it is easy.

1. Drag & drop the main entity twice to the Flow (like the Main flow). This will create a List page and a Detail Page, connected (so you can open an existing record as well as create a new one).

2. Open the Detail page and Drag & Drop the Items entity to below the form. It will create a table and a popup screen to add/edit items.

3. Go to the save button screen action and change (if necessary), the last node (a Destination), to the page itself, setting the Input Parameter (that is an Identifier to the main entity record) to the value returned by the CreateOrUpdate action in the Save Screen Action.

Et voualá :)

If is this that you are looking, I recommend you to dig deeper into the online courses, because this is shown on them.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Z M

What you want (if you want the same thing as Edwin (as for what I understood), is what is called a Master Detail page.

You have an entity that is your main entity, and another, where you have items associated to a record in the main entity.

The easiest way to do this is by scaffolding. But you must guarantee that you have a foreign key, in the Items entity, pointing to the main entity.

Than it is easy.

1. Drag & drop the main entity twice to the Flow (like the Main flow). This will create a List page and a Detail Page, connected (so you can open an existing record as well as create a new one).

2. Open the Detail page and Drag & Drop the Items entity to below the form. It will create a table and a popup screen to add/edit items.

3. Go to the save button screen action and change (if necessary), the last node (a Destination), to the page itself, setting the Input Parameter (that is an Identifier to the main entity record) to the value returned by the CreateOrUpdate action in the Save Screen Action.

Et voualá :)

If is this that you are looking, I recommend you to dig deeper into the online courses, because this is shown on them.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thanks Eduardo,

I have one Parent and 5 Chid Entities.

Need to show something similar to Wizard Tabs format,

1. Fill Master Details then Save and Continue to First Child details screen.

2. Fill First Child Detail then Save and continue to Second Child detail screen.

so on.... till 5th Child.

Testing..

Hi Z M,

1. Use a variables for your Parent table identifier, so as with Child tables identifiers, use VariableID <> NullIdentifier() on your Visible formula

2. Assign the CreateOrUpdateParentID to your variable, and use Ajax to show the second table

3. Assign the CreateOrUpdateChildID to your variable, and use Ajax to show the next table and so on.

Hope this helps

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Hi Z M,

1. Use a variables for your Parent table identifier, so as with Child tables identifiers, use VariableID <> NullIdentifier() on your Visible formula

2. Assign the CreateOrUpdateParentID to your variable, and use Ajax to show the second table

3. Assign the CreateOrUpdateChildID to your variable, and use Ajax to show the next table and so on.

Hope this helps

Thank Edwin will try.