burger menu from right side in mobile app.

Hi Team,

in out systems 10 mobile app,  as per client requirement, i need to open the menu from the right side. Is it possible to open the menu from the right side?

PFA

Thanks and regards 

Pankaj pant

Hi Pankaj,

This is something you can change in your CSS. I don't have a computer with me right now, otherwise I could send you the script. 

Can you try to change it yourself and let me know if it worked? If you don't know how to do it, just let me know and I will send you the script when I'm behind a pc. 

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

thanks for the reply I tried this by using CSS but did not get success. can you please share the script for that to make it right to left.

Thanks

PP

Hey Pankaj!

Only changing the CSS will make it able to open and close from the menu button but not the drag action itself, since that is done with JavaScript. 

It's complicated to change, but, in my opinion, a sidebar might do wonders in the case that you want. Have you tried it? Remove the menu from the page that you are working on and simply put a sidebar! Let us know how that turns out!

Hey Rita,

Thaks for your valuable suggestion , it has solved my problem. but the only problem is that it will open on click of the link not like menu if we click outside of the menu it gets closed.

Regards, 

PP

Hey Pankaj,

In order for you to do that you'll have to add a container that changes the variable that controls the sidebar. The thing is, if you do add that container it will be 'over' all the content that is behind it and so you won't be able to click anything if you have it, even when the sidebar is closed. To see if the sidebar is open, you could try and use the visible attribute of the container and see if it works! ( I haven't tried it, but it's worth the attempt! )

On that container you have to do an event onclick that changes the isOpen to false! Hopefully this helps you, because if it doesn't, you'll have to clone the sidebar and do pretty much the same thing there but with a lot more code involved.

Hope this helps!