Service Studio 10 crashing

Service Studio 10 crashing

So tired of the service studio crashing!!! All I do is scaffolding and changing the same pages over and over again!!!!

When is version 10 going to be stable!

Hi Mariaan,

I seldomly have crashes of OutSystems. Which version of OutSystems do you use and what is the server stack of your environment?

Can you also explain what steps you do to crash the system?

And do you send the crashreport to OutSystems?

Without this kind of info OutSystems will not be able to help you.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Mariaan,

I have been using V10 since so long and developed one big project in it and never gets crash issue (dont remember when i have it last time).

I am using V10 (10.0.200.0). Which version of service studio are you using?

Regards

-PJ-

I Mariaan,

Sorry to hear that you're having that experience.

Can you please provide us information about the version and username who are using to submit the problem? Can you also send us the application/module so that we can better troubleshoot the problem?

It seems that something is corrupted  in the application forcing those multiple crashes.

For more privacy, you can send it directly to my email (vasco[dot]pessanha@outsystems.com).

Cheers,

Mariaan Bosman wrote:

So tired of the service studio crashing!!! All I do is scaffolding and changing the same pages over and over again!!!!

When is version 10 going to be stable!

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Mariaan,

I seldomly have crashes of OutSystems. Which version of OutSystems do you use and what is the server stack of your environment?

Can you also explain what steps you do to crash the system?

And do you send the crashreport to OutSystems?

Without this kind of info OutSystems will not be able to help you.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco

I have to support Mariaan on this post. I experience crashes on versions 10 all the time and it is so annoying. It just stops responding right in the middle of a simple action. The only way to then handle the problem is to go go to the task manager on windows and manually kill the Development Studio task. Which means that all work is lost, and Development Studio seldom manages to recover the work., I cannot link this response to a specific action as it happens randomly but it has happened quite a few times when I copy and paste stuff like actions, parameters or even simple things like assigns. 

It is also not limited to one environment and it happens on enterprise and personal environments.  

I am currrently on version 10.0.609.0

Will be awesome if this can be resolved.

Vonnelize

Hi Vonnelize,

Becoming unresponsive is not the same as a crash, but yeah, it can be annoying. Although I don't often have these situations myself, I recall the days of v5/6 where crashes happened quite often, and they weren't fun. As for losing work, well, saving is always good practice (even though ideally, you shouldn't have to do that explicitly).