Service Studio 10 crashing

Service Studio 10 crashing

So tired of the service studio crashing!!! All I do is scaffolding and changing the same pages over and over again!!!!

When is version 10 going to be stable!

Hi Mariaan,

I seldomly have crashes of OutSystems. Which version of OutSystems do you use and what is the server stack of your environment?

Can you also explain what steps you do to crash the system?

And do you send the crashreport to OutSystems?

Without this kind of info OutSystems will not be able to help you.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Mariaan,

I have been using V10 since so long and developed one big project in it and never gets crash issue (dont remember when i have it last time).

I am using V10 (10.0.200.0). Which version of service studio are you using?

Regards

-PJ-

I Mariaan,

Sorry to hear that you're having that experience.

Can you please provide us information about the version and username who are using to submit the problem? Can you also send us the application/module so that we can better troubleshoot the problem?

It seems that something is corrupted  in the application forcing those multiple crashes.

For more privacy, you can send it directly to my email (vasco[dot]pessanha@outsystems.com).

Cheers,

Mariaan Bosman wrote:

So tired of the service studio crashing!!! All I do is scaffolding and changing the same pages over and over again!!!!

When is version 10 going to be stable!

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Mariaan,

I seldomly have crashes of OutSystems. Which version of OutSystems do you use and what is the server stack of your environment?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco

I have to support Mariaan on this post. I experience crashes on versions 10 all the time and it is so annoying. It just stops responding right in the middle of a simple action. The only way to then handle the problem is to go go to the task manager on windows and manually kill the Development Studio task. Which means that all work is lost, and Development Studio seldom manages to recover the work., I cannot link this response to a specific action as it happens randomly but it has happened quite a few times when I copy and paste stuff like actions, parameters or even simple things like assigns. 

It is also not limited to one environment and it happens on enterprise and personal environments.  

I am currrently on version 10.0.609.0

Will be awesome if this can be resolved.

Vonnelize

Hi Vonnelize,

Becoming unresponsive is not the same as a crash, but yeah, it can be annoying. Although I don't often have these situations myself, I recall the days of v5/6 where crashes happened quite often, and they weren't fun. As for losing work, well, saving is always good practice (even though ideally, you shouldn't have to do that explicitly).

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Mariaan,

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco

I have to support Mariaan on this post. I experience crashes on versions 10 all the time and it is so annoying. It just stops responding right in the middle of a simple action. The only way to then handle the problem is to go go to the task manager on windows and manually kill the Development Studio task. Which means that all work is lost, and Development Studio seldom manages to recover the work., I cannot link this response to a specific action as it happens randomly but it has happened quite a few times when I copy and paste stuff like actions, parameters or even simple things like assigns. 

It is also not limited to one environment and it happens on enterprise and personal environments.  

I am currrently on version 10.0.609.0

Will be awesome if this can be resolved.

Vonnelize

Still a current issue... Has been crashing for me about every 10 minutes...

Spontaniously, or when doing something special? And what kind of "crashing" are we talking about?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Spontaniously, or when doing something special? And what kind of "crashing" are we talking about?

Quite Spontaniously sometimes after changing some CSS other times after opening a module or just while scrolling...
It stops responding completely when another screen is opened over it it won't switch back taskmanager says it's not responsive etc

Mmm, that sucks. Never had that experience, nor any of my collegues. Could be a faulty .NET install, or memory problems, or whatever...

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Mmm, that sucks. Never had that experience, nor any of my collegues. Could be a faulty .NET install, or memory problems, or whatever...

Yeah it's a bit of a female dog. But working on a laptop now that isn't my own it looks quite old so might be that it's just on it's last breath.
Had the same crashes/freezes on my own laptop as well but way less frequent.

Interesting to see that this discussion is alive again. But yes, I am still experiencing this, quite randomly, enterprise and personal environments, on my old laptop and my brand new laptop. It probably happens once or twice a week, but I got into the habit of saving my work locally regularly, to avoid loosing too much work when it happens.

Basically Service Studio just freezes, suddenly and without warning and the only way out is to go to the windows task manager and stop the task. Quite annoying.

For me it became nearly unworkable. It stops working every 10 minutes, but it might be on just one page...
I'm suspecting it's triggered by some CSS (and as you know I do love my CSS...)

I suspect (but don't really have the time to experiment atm) that in my case it might be using vh and vw for measurements in CSS but I highly doubt that will be the case for others as most people I work with leave the fancy styling to others ;P. I might investigate a bit more if some time frees up

I do hope whenever you can you are submitting the crashes to outsystems?

The time I get a usefull log or understand what might have caused it (or at least able to give a general idea) I do try indeed.
But just sending "Service studio froze on me again" just doesn't seem that helpful. I'll wait on my laptop to come back to see if it has the same problem, if it does I'll stroll trough the CSS to see if that's the issue. That way i can at least state if it is the hardware or the software

Hello guys,

I understand your pain and I'm sorry for that!

Believe me when I say we are investing consideribly on improving the product's quality and we have been continuously reducing the number of product defects and crashes (actually all new versions have been having more quality than the previous ones). We are also currently working on troubleshooting and fixing the hangs you have been witnessing.

There is still some work to be done and we will follow up this and the only thing I can ask you, as J. said, is please submit your feedback/crashes. This will significantly improve our troubleshooting and the probability of us fixing the problem.

Finally, don't forget to keep installing the latest versions as they have several bug fixes and improved quality.