[Salesforce Connector] How to handle errors in Salesforce Connector

[Salesforce Connector] How to handle errors in Salesforce Connector

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 22 Mar by OutSystems Labs
10 votes
Published on 22 Mar by OutSystems Labs

Recently developed a POC on integrating a sample Salesforece application to OutSystems using Salesforce connector from Forge. 

I need the following information.

1) Any documentation available for Salesforce connector?

2) How to handle errors returned from the salesforce methods called in OutSystems? 

3) I tried to write data back to Saleforce using the connector but unable to find the exception message returned by the connection. 

Solution

Arun Selvarangam wrote:

Recently developed a POC on integrating a sample Salesforece application to OutSystems using Salesforce connector from Forge. 

I need the following information.

2) How to handle errors returned from the salesforce methods called in OutSystems? 

3) I tried to write data back to Saleforce using the connector but unable to find the exception message returned by the connection. 

Hello Arun,

Answering to your questions:

We're working on the connector, so documentation will be launch in the next few weeks.

You should have an 'All Exception' action in the action where you are calling the Salesforce method to get all exception returned from the connector.

Salesforce writes data methods returns an error in one of their output parameters. So if you want to see the exception message you need to see that output parameter (Ex. In AccountCreateOrUpdate method the output is called 'SaveResults').

Hope I could be helpful.

Cheers,

Magda Pereira

Solution

It was helpful, thank you so much!!!

Arun.K.S