Local Storage crash on Mobile Devices

Local Storage crash on Mobile Devices

Hi,

We are having problems using local storage on mobile devices. We have screens that have the same functionality fetching data from the server and they work fine, both in browser and on devices.

Now, when translating those screens to use local storage, they work in the browser's emulator, but when the application is tested on actual devices (iPhone 6 plus and Lenovo K3 Note) the app crashes.

Has anyone experience this kind of behavior? Have you found a way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi João.

What is exactly the behavior you're experiencing?

Did you check if you got some javascript error in Developer mode?

And also did you check if the sync is performed (you can use some simple and old console logs)?

Also, check the content of your WebSQL.

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi João.

What is exactly the behavior you're experiencing?

Did you check if you got some javascript error in Developer mode?

And also did you check if the sync is performed (you can use some simple and old console logs)?

Also, check the content of your WebSQL.

Problem
When accessing screen that displays information in local storage on a mobile device, the application crashes.
When accessing screen that displays information in local storage on the browser emulator, the application works fine (Takes 5 seconds to load screen).

Errors
There are no Javascript errors in the developer console. I tried checking for errors debugging with the device but application crashes before sending any logs.

Sync
The sync is not being done on this screen, and I know it is working properly because the contents of the local storage are ok.

Details
In this screen there are two tabs that display a listing of articles. Each listing can be filtered by up to three tags.
If no Tag is selected in a give tab, then display all articles in that tab.

The problem occurs when displaying the data.

Sources of Aggregate

Filters of Aggregate
LocalArticleTag_1.TagId = If(FilterTags_Explore.Tag1 <> NullIdentifier(), FilterTags_Explore.Tag1, LocalArticleTag_1.TagId)
and
LocalArticleTag_2.TagId = If(FilterTags_Explore.Tag2 <> NullIdentifier(), FilterTags_Explore.Tag2, LocalArticleTag_2.TagId)
and
LocalArticleTag_3.TagId = If(FilterTags_Explore.Tag3 <> NullIdentifier(), FilterTags_Explore.Tag3, LocalArticleTag_3.TagId)

I believe the problem lies in the inner joins of the LocalArticleTag entities, as I have removed them for testing and it worked fine, but it is strange that on the browser it works and not on the device.

Is there any way to make this work on the mobile device? (I wanted to use an Advanced Query to allow filtering by any number of tags, but they are not currently being supported on mobile)

Hi João.

Did you tried to run your query directly on your local storage to check if it's returning the rows you need?