[Excel Package] How to build a multi-sheet excel from a record list?

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2018-08-02 by Carlos Alfaro
5 votes
Published on 2018-08-02 by Carlos Alfaro

Hi Outsystems Team,

May i know how to build a multi-sheet using excel package in outsystems 10?

Do you have any sample OML that i can use?

Thanks and Regards,

Carl

Hi David,

Using Excel package you can write your own excel file with any number of sheets, Outsystems provided one action name as "Worksheet_SelectByIndex" with excel package. Using this action you can specify your sheet number at the time of creating excel file.

I hope this will work for you.

Narendra Maheshwari wrote:

Hi David,

Using Excel package you can write your own excel file with any number of sheets, Outsystems provided one action name as "Worksheet_SelectByIndex" with excel package. Using this action you can specify your sheet number at the time of creating excel file.

Hi Narendra,

Do i need to have predefined excel sheet in resources with headers ? How can i export it to excel with headers coming from source list, where i dont want to give header in predefined excel.

Narendra Maheshwari wrote:

Hi David,

Hello Narendra,

I've been testing the Advanced Excel component (and the Excel Package for that matter, that uses Advanced Excel in its core) and the Workbook_SelectByIndex serves to change the currently selected sheet, and not to create a new one.

Advanced Excel has a function called Workbook_AddSheet (Excel Package doesn't, because it's an older version) but that doesn't seem to be working, and that was surely what David was looking for. If I find a way to in fact create a multiple sheet Excel file, I'll be sure that I update this post!

I'm facing the same problem. 

Is it possible to create multiple worksheets with this extension? If so, what method should i use?