Maximum call stack size exceeded

Maximum call stack size exceeded

Dear Outsystems

I am currently busy developing a mobile application and I have run into a bit of an error. In the list I have created below there is a question and answer(dropdown).

How do I fix this?

Kind Regards 

Werner Kotze

Hello,

I had something similar with a recursive loop. Check if you have a function that is constantly calling itself and reaching the stack call limit.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Will be checking it out today.

I have this same problem using dropdown.

I had removed all the events related the dropdown and the error still happening. After choose an option this message error is shown.

I was bidding a aggregate list result directly to this dropdown. Maybe this component does not handle list with too many columns well like a aggregate result.

To solve it, I had to create a local variable defined as a simple structure (Id, Label) and bidding it to the dropdown. After this, everything worked well.

Hi Tiago,

I found recently that if you try to add an element to a list that's bound to a drop down, you get that error. I'm not sure why this happens.

Hi Werner,

Is this possible for you to share sample code?

Hi Kilian

Im not sure this is the real problem,  but I was using a simple implementation of the dropdown and I bound it with an aggregate. I removed also all the events related the webscreen and the onChange events of the dropdown,  but the problem still happening. My aggregate has the max record as 10. So,  the problem could not be too many records.

The message error is not clear in the SC and I have not access to IIS to try see more detail related this exception. 

I only change it  creating  a local variable defined as a structure list,  load this list with the aggregate result and bound to the dropdown.

After this, everything worked fine 

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tiago,

I found recently that if you try to add an element to a list that's bound to a drop down, you get that error. I'm not sure why this happens.

Tiago Bojikian da Costa Vital wrote:

I tried reproduce this error just appending a new record to the local variable (load on "On Ready") used in the dropdown as the list but the error was not happened.

I did that by many way, calling the action that append on "On Initialize", "On Render" and "On Parameters Changed".

Hi Kilian

Im not sure this is the real problem,  but I was using a simple implementation of the dropdown and I bound it with an aggregate. I removed also all the events related the webscreen and the onChange events of the dropdown,  but the problem still happening. My aggregate has the max record as 10. So,  the problem could not be too many records.

The message error is not clear in the SC and I have not access to IIS to try see more detail related this exception. 

I only change it  creating  a local variable defined as a structure list,  load this list with the aggregate result and bound to the dropdown.

After this, everything worked fine 

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tiago,