[Pushwoosh Plugin] IOS - can't register devices

[Pushwoosh Plugin] IOS - can't register devices

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 14 Jul by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 14 Jul by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

I'm trying to use the pushwoosh plugin. On Android no problem on IOS when I call the RegisterDevice function I receive back the token as expected but when I check the pushwoosh website I dont have any IOS device registered.

I've followed the instructions on the documentation "How to Use Push Notifications with Pushwoosh" including the Extensibility Configurations when developer certificates are being used.

Does anyone knows what might be causing this?

Thanks,

João Pinto

Hello João,

From what you mention, seems you're doing everything correctly... a couple of things you might check, just to be on the safe side:

1) Make sure you're generating your own iOS app, using the correct certificates and provisioning profiles that correspond to the push certificate;

2) You can test the configuration with the production certificate. Just to make sure. Don't forget to re-generate the iOS app with the correct certificate and provisioning profile.

Let me know how it goes...

Best of luck,
R

Joao, 

I've also been using the Pushwoosh plugin in my app for a while. In PushWoosh 1.0.4, there is a known issue that iOS devices on iOS10 did not register at Pushwoosh. I've been in contact with OutSystems and they have fixed it in the newer version. 

Kind regards,

Jordy