[Google Maps Mobile] Changes starting from 05/07/2017 ? No markers anymore

[Google Maps Mobile] Changes starting from 05/07/2017 ? No markers anymore

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 21 Jul by OutSystems Labs
5 votes
Published on 21 Jul by OutSystems Labs

My Google map marker drawing stopped working after I had an e-mail stating that my personal cloud was being maintenanced. Not sure if that has to do anything with it, can also be coincidental.

I've republished an earlier version of my app to see if there was something else I did that could break the map, but none of my published versions seem to work anymore (they worked perfectly a few days ago).

The markers on my map aren't drawn, is there a change in how this needs to be implemented?

right now I've put a list of markers as the markerlist, the list of markers is populated but no markers are drawn.

Hi Lars.

Did you check if you're getting some js errors in the browser's console?

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Lars.

Did you check if you're getting some js errors in the browser's console?

Good morning Gonçalo,

I've checked and there are no errors what so ever. Everything is as it was before, so I'm completely baffled by this.

The number 582 at the top is the number of markers that should be displayed. (It's just an expression of the count of items in the markerlist)

The only thing I can see by the image that usually needs to be filled is a valid API key.

Did you try to create one and add it? Let me know if it worked and if not, maybe you can share an eSpace with an example.

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

The only thing I can see by the image that usually needs to be filled is a valid API key.

Did you try to create one and add it? Let me know if it worked and if not, maybe you can share an eSpace with an example.

I have a valid API key, I just obfuscated it :) 

Everything about the map works but the markers aren't drawn. I have a method to pan to the current location, which works as well, so I have really no idea what the problem is with the markers.

Oh ok..didn't check it   

So, is there an example you can share? And did you tried to display just a little subset of the markers (less than 10 for instance) just to check if it's something related to the size of the array (it shouldn't, due)? 

You may have reached some sort of limit on usage of the Google API, did you check that?

Best regards,

PC

I've tried to make a quick sample app with 10 markers but they aren't shown either. I've googled the max number of markers a Gmap can have and someone had over 16 000, so I'm not sure I'm reaching a limit. I'll look into that now. The app isn't live yet but if it were, there wouldn't be 25 000 +map loads daily, referencing: 

Standard Usage Limits

Users of the standard API:
  • Free until exceeding 25,000 map loads per 24 hours

I've added the sample oml to this comment, perhaps someone can point it out after looking at the oml?

Hi Lars,

You mentioned this started happening after some maintenance in your Personal Environment. This was due to a Platform version upgrade most likely.

Did you republish your factory (All modules solution) after the upgrade?

Did you download a different (newer) version of Maps Mobile from the Forge?

These questions are just to help track down the problem. You shouldn't need to download a newer version of Maps Mobile because of the Platform upgrade - as far as I'm aware there is no impact.

Cheers,

Daniel

Lars De Pauw wrote:

I've tried to make a quick sample app with 10 markers but they aren't shown either. I've googled the max number of markers a Gmap can have and someone had over 16 000, so I'm not sure I'm reaching a limit. I'll look into that now. The app isn't live yet but if it were, there wouldn't be 25 000 +map loads daily, referencing: 

Standard Usage Limits

Users of the standard API:
  • Free until exceeding 25,000 map loads per 24 hours

I've added the sample oml to this comment, perhaps someone can point it out after looking at the oml?

Hello Lars,

I open the .oml and you didn't assign the markers list to the map, for that reason the markers weren't being shown in the application, take a look:

After I assign the markers list, I published the oml and I could see the markers:

Hope I could help.

Cheers,

Magda Pereira

Hi Lars.

I also was able to see the markers:

@Magda - Lars has the list assigned in the print he first posted, so that's not the issue.

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Lars.

@Magda - Lars has the list assigned in the print he first posted, so that's not the issue.

This is really strange. How on earth am I unable to see the markers and you guys càn in fact see them? Doesn't make any sense, haha.

Indeed I've put the markerList as the markers on my map (did it after I saved the oml, was too quick) , but I cannot see the markers still. After lunch, I'll try to check the factory on my servicecenter.

Also, thank you all for the fast and plentiful responses!

Solution

Lars, check if you actually have the last version of the Google Maps Mobile component. 

Solution

Lars De Pauw wrote:

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Lars.

This is really strange. How on earth am I unable to see the markers and you guys càn in fact see them? Doesn't make any sense, haha.

Indeed I've put the markerList as the markers on my map (did it after I saved the oml, was too quick) , but I cannot see the markers still. After lunch, I'll try to check the factory on my servicecenter.

Also, thank you all for the fast and plentiful responses!

Lars, 

Just a silly question :) I've got the Last version of Google Maps Mobile on my environment, do you have the last version too? I don't know if @Gonçalo has the last version too, but it's strange that we can see it, and you don't :)

Cheers,

Magda 

Yes, Magda, I have the last version.

That's why I asked Lars because I really can't see another reason for it not to work.

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Yes, Magda, I have the last version.

That's why I asked Lars because I really can't see another reason for it not to work.

Yep, that was it!

I was using a custom implementation of Google Maps Mobile, so now I'm going to reimplement my changes to the new version of the module :)

Thank you all!

Edit: It worked, great stuff people!

Great :)

Nice to know it helped!