[Silk UI Mobile] Silk UI Mobile popup scrolling is not smooth 

[Silk UI Mobile] Silk UI Mobile popup scrolling is not smooth 

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 19 Oct by OutSystems R&D
17 votes
Published on 19 Oct by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

On mobile device if the content of popup is longer then screen size the scrolling is not smooth. Is it possible to fix?

Thank you.

Hi Mykola,

Which device did you test? iOS or Android?

Hi Daniel,

On iOS 10.

I have popup on the page with tabs. scrolling overall is good except on popup window - I've tried with dynamic and static content and both gave same result scrolling is not smooth... I mean it works as it scrolls as long as you move finger on screen but if you swipe faster it doesn't scroll faster and doesn't have "elastic effect".

I'll try some tests tomorrow on iOS to see if I can replicate the problem and find a easy solution.

I tested on android 7.1.2 and it looks like the video on attachment.

Just to confirm, the widget you're using is this?

Yes, that's the widget and the scroll in iOS is also as on attached video. I'm not sure of how it usually scrolls on Android but on iOS on other widgets and pages the scroll is "elastic" if you swipe fast it scrolls really fast so you can go through long page very quick.

Solution

Hi Mykola,
I think I found a solution for the problem on iOS!

To have Momentum Scrolling on iOS the overflow property must be scroll and not auto.
So just overwrite on your theme the following class with this styles:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

[data-popup] {
  overflow-y: scroll;
  -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
}

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Try and tell me if it works well!

Solution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for finding the solution - it works perfectly and also I now know the correct name of the feature:) 

Cheers,

Nick