[OfficeUtils] Word export set table can not support NewLine()

[OfficeUtils] Word export set table can not support NewLine()

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 26 Apr by Elena Novozhilova
17 votes
Published on 26 Apr by Elena Novozhilova

Hi, I found this problem while generating the word file. My issue is, I can use NewLine() to create "enter" key inside Word Export Set Text, but it can't work inside Word Export Set Table.

Let say I want to write :

Hello my name is David.

I'm 21 years old.

If I use "Hello my name is David." + NewLine() + "I'm 21 years old." it will turn out to be, "Hello my name is David.I'm 21 years old."

Please help me with this issue.

Hi Richard.

Did you try to add the tag <br> instead?

Hi Richard,

I went to check, and confirmed that including multiple lines of text on a table cell is not addressed by the current implementation of OfficeUtils.

We will be working on a new version of the component to address this requirement. Just give us a few days.

I would suggest you to use "Chr(10)" (LF) instead of "NewLine()" (CR+LF) for including line separators, since this is what OfficeUtils implementation expects. Using NewLine() does not produce any undesirable effects when you open the resulting document in MS Word, but it does when you open it in LibreOffice Writer.

Bruno

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Richard.

Did you try to add the tag <br> instead?

Hi Goncalo,

Yes I've tried but it can not work at all.

Thank you for the response.

Bruno Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Richard,

I went to check, and confirmed that including multiple lines of text on a table cell is not addressed by the current implementation of OfficeUtils.

We will be working on a new version of the component to address this requirement. Just give us a few days.

I would suggest you to use "Chr(10)" (LF) instead of "NewLine()" (CR+LF) for including line separators, since this is what OfficeUtils implementation expects. Using NewLine() does not produce any undesirable effects when you open the resulting document in MS Word, but it does when you open it in LibreOffice Writer.

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your response. I'll be waiting for the enhancement of this fiture.

I'll be glad if it can support both NewLine() and Chr(13) as well.

Btw, using Chr(10) will give me "space" result instead of "enter".

Thank you.