[Box Connector] File Upload to Box Corrupt: Extra newline (CR + LF) characters at the end of the file

[Box Connector] File Upload to Box Corrupt: Extra newline (CR + LF) characters at the end of the file

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 11 Aug (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 11 Aug (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

After uploading a file to box using the Box Connector, when we check the uploaded file in Box, we notice extra newline (CR + LF) characters appended at the end of the file. This causes Microsoft office (in case of docx, xlsx, pptx files) to prompt that the file is corrupt and must be repaired.  The root cause seems to be in the File_Upload->BinaryConcat2->BinaryField2 where an extra newline is seen before the Boundary separator. Please check. 

Regards,

Vikrant Sharma

Vikrant Sharma wrote:

Hi,

After uploading a file to box using the Box Connector, when we check the uploaded file in Box, we notice extra newline (CR + LF) characters appended at the end of the file. This causes Microsoft office (in case of docx, xlsx, pptx files) to prompt that the file is corrupt and must be repaired.  The root cause seems to be in the File_Upload->BinaryConcat2->BinaryField2 where an extra newline is seen before the Boundary separator. Please check. 

Regards,

Vikrant Sharma

Hello Vikrant,

Thank you for your great feedback. In the next version of the Box, we'll have it fixed.

Thanks,

Magda Pereira

Thank you.

Hi Magda. I think there are some more connectors with the same pattern. I ran into this very same issue a couple days ago with the JIRA connector. Probably the Asana and ZendDesk connectors are also affected.

The upload into the Box, or the Box Connector has not be fixed. we notice extra newline (CR + LF) characters appended at the end of the fil. This should be repaired so that we can comfortably upload to Box, thanks.

Hi guys.

I checked the most recent version of box and the only CR + LF characters we add are accordingly the multipart/form-data format https://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4
We then tried to replicate this issue with Office 2013 (word + excel files) and everything worked. 

Can someone provide more information about this? Please inform us of both Box and Office versions you're using. Confirm if the used method is really File_Upload and if you could add a succinct description of the process we would appreciate. (For example, are you downloading and openning the file, are you opening with the box office or are you opening with office online?)

Regards

Hi guys.

We just checked internally and this issue was already fixed but it wasn't released and was still on our radar.
I'm going to publish a new version on Forge right away.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for the feedback.

Regards

OK. Thank you.