[Record List to Excel] Error trying to use the "Record List to Excel" widget

[Record List to Excel] Error trying to use the "Record List to Excel" widget

Hi,

I'm trying to conver a record list to a Excel using the "Record List to Excel" widget and then download the file but I had no success. I'm simply fetching the data from an existing record table and downloading the file in an action triggered by a button with the "Submit" method. The error I'm receiving is the following: 

"An exception occurred in the client script. Error: The connection to the server was reset"

I'm sending an image of my action as an attachment. Can someone point me in the right direction? I know that the provided information may not suffice to find the cause of the problem but this should be so simple I have no idea where to get more.

Thanks in advance,

André

Are you getting this error every time ? This error sometimes comes when there is slow network or any issue with the network connection.

Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Are you getting this error every time ? This error sometimes comes when there is slow network or any issue with the network connection.

Regards

-PJ-

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I get the error everytime and I have a good connection. Also, the ammount of data im trying to convert seems not to be the issue since it fails even with only 1 record in the table.

Can you please share the oml, i will see to it and fix the issue if there is anything.

Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Can you please share the oml, i will see to it and fix the issue if there is anything.

Regards

-PJ-

Sorry, I can't send the OML, there's sensitive data in it. I'll try to use a workaround or solve the problem and post the solution here in case someone needs it.

OK , than let me create a example for you.

Regards

-PJ-

Check the attached oml i just created and is working fine i am able to download the file with data.

You can also test this 

RecordListToExcel

Reagrds

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Check the attached oml i just created and is working fine i am able to download the file with data.

You can also test this 

RecordListToExcel

Reagrds

-PJ-

Thanks for the availability Pramod,

Your example works perfectly, I replicated it in my application in a whole new table, action and data but the problem still occured... Having made sure that I was doing it the right way, I tested in another Web Screen and it worked. So with a bit more testing I found out that what was preventing my button from working was it being inside a container...

Thanks for the help!

You are welcome Andre , happy to hear that your problem resolved.

Reagards

-PJ-

Solution

André Policarpo wrote:

Your example works perfectly, I replicated it in my application in a whole new table, action and data but the problem still occured... Having made sure that I was doing it the right way, I tested in another Web Screen and it worked. So with a bit more testing I found out that what was preventing my button from working was it being inside a container...

Thanks for the help!

A container is rendered as a div, shouldn't change anything...

By any chance, does the container were you initially placed the button also have an OnClick handler?

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

André Policarpo wrote:

Thanks for the help!

A container is rendered as a div, shouldn't change anything...

By any chance, does the container were you initially placed the button also have an OnClick handler?

That was it! I must have mistakenly put the action in the container AND in the button. Thanks for solving this mystery!