Costumize video controls style

Costumize video controls style

Hello community,

Is it possible to costumize the style of the controls for the Silk UI video pattern? For instance, i wanted to change the color of the volume control to red instead of the default gray.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente

Hi Rafael,

Have you used your browser's devtools to check whether there's a class associated with the controls, so you can override the CSS?

Hello Kilian,

Yes, of course. It was the first thing that came to my mind. I couldn't find any class linked to the controls. Also, i copied the video pattern from Web Patterns to my application and checked how the controls were being built. It has Javascript in it. Analysing the JS, i couldnt find any class associated with the controls, again. This is the JS:

If you find anything, please reply to me.

Thank you,

Rafael Valente

Hi Rafael,

It seems the controls are something your browser displays, and there's little you can do to style them. A little googling found you need at least some Javascript to create your own set of controls.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Rafael,

It seems the controls are something your browser displays, and there's little you can do to style them. A little googling found you need at least some Javascript to create your own set of controls.

Thank you for your help Kilian. I'll take a look at it.

Best regards,

Rafael Valente