Not showing the  concurrent publishing  error

Not showing the  concurrent publishing  error

Hi, if multiple user are publishing at the same time, its not showing the concurrent error message.

We are using the Development environment  10.0.502.0

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

Hello Rajendra,

Do you mean the message you get when you try to publish a module that is already being published by other user?

Depending on timings, maybe it will not even happen, but in this case the merge screen would appear, if in fact the other process already finished.

Are you trying to publish the same module at the same time? Different modules can be published at the same time without problems.

Thanks Jauch,   

Yes we are trying the publish a module that is already being published by another user.

while publishing  we are not getting the concurrent error message even its not merging, its overwriting.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hi Rajendra,

Just to understand your scenario, is the below what's going on?

1. User 1 and 2 open from the same environment eSpace X;
  2. User 1 makes changes and publishes eSpace X;
  3. User 2 makes changes and publishes eSpace X - no warning on the eSpace being published after opening, so User 2 version is overwriting User 1 version.

If so, could you download the User 2 version and the last User 1 version (the one that User 2 overwrote) and compare them with Service Studio? Does Service Studio notice the differences?

Hi Kilian,

My scenario is-

1. User 1 and 2 open from the same environment eSpace X;
  2. User 1 makes changes and publishes eSpace X;
  3. User 2 makes changes and publishes eSpace X, (User 1 Publish is still running) - No Concurrent error message 
  4. User 1 Published Without any error.
  5. User 2 Published without any error.

I download both the espace and compare  the espace,  what if found is ,User 1 changes are the there which is published without any error.

As per my understanding if  publish is running and you are trying to publish the same espace with different user is shows the concurrent publishing error..until first publish is not done.

Note:-User 2 start publishing when User 1 publish is in 3 step...Updating the database model and deploying 

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks, I'll check with the OutSystems team whether this is expected behaviour (apart from the fact it is obviously not desired behaviour...).

Thanks Kilian...

Hi Rajendra koranga,

Thanks for your feedback. 

After someone tried to publish the version that got overwritten, did Service Studio display a "Compare & Merge" window? 

At any rate, the behavior that you described is not expected. The platform should have displayed proper feedback in this situation. We'll analyze the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Miguel,

I think what happens is that both Service Studios send a request to the server, which is handled concurrently. What I would expect is an error that something's already publishing (akin to what happens when you press Cancel, then try to publish immediately again).

Hi Miguel, 

Nothing is coming neither Concurrent  publishing error nor Compare and merge window.

Its happening only if User 2 start publishing when User 1 publish is in 3 step...(Updating the database model and deploying)

Thanks

Rajendra Singh