Getting error on IE sorry something happen: [object error]

Getting error on IE sorry something happen: [object error]

  

Hi,

On Page load we are getting below error on IE latest version. I have used lot of javascripting in my module. Working fine on other browsers . Is it happening because of javascript ?

Quite possibly.


1. Are you sure chrome-devtools are not producing any errors in the console?

2. In what IE *shivers* is this occurring?

3. Say, it's IE11, are you sure IE is in the right document/browser/document-mode and not our beloved IE7?

4. Did you try this with Edge, perhaps you get a better info about what happened?



Hi, to be sure, you can inspect the application in console and see any errors there.

But I would bet yes, it is probably, by the message, a JavaScript error, not necessarily yours.

I wouldn't use IE. Old, not maintained, full of security problems. But if you need because client is unlikely to use other browser, test every part on it to see what is breaking.

Hi DM,

Did you added some custom Javascript to your espaces, It might cause problem.

Try with RunJavaScript action of the HTTPRequestHandler extension.


-HM-

J. wrote:

Quite possibly.


1. Are you sure chrome-devtools are not producing any errors in the console?

2. In what IE *shivers* is this occurring?

3. Say, it's IE11, are you sure IE is in the right document/browser/document-mode and not our beloved IE7?

4. Did you try this with Edge, perhaps you get a better info about what happened?


1. Yes only coming on IE-11 not on other browsers

2.IE-11

3. Yes

4. I am using window 7 OS



Jauch wrote:

Hi, to be sure, you can inspect the application in console and see any errors there.

But I would bet yes, it is probably, by the message, a JavaScript error, not necessarily yours.

I wouldn't use IE. Old, not maintained, full of security problems. But if you need because client is unlikely to use other browser, test every part on it to see what is breaking.

Not getting any error on IE console view please check screenshot below

it would help if you provide a stripped oml where it occurs.


furthermore: do you use console.log by any chance, that will fail in IE11



J. wrote:

it would help if you provide a stripped oml where it occurs.


furthermore: do you use console.log by any chance, that will fail in IE11



Hi,


I am not using any console and If i will uncheck below option in Compatability view setting then its working fine 



J. wrote:

it would help if you provide a stripped oml where it occurs.


furthermore: do you use console.log by any chance, that will fail in IE11



Attached OML file


Btw, the errormessage is not something I recognize.

either it's weirdly translated, but imho it's something you wrote with an alert?

and seeing you determined it is in compability-mode (it will render the page with ie7 settings)

so you should try to add 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

to your application to force the browser to render it with the latest render-engine.

What version of the platform are you using?

Its expected that it does not work in compatibility mode since that option turns IE11 into IE7 (like that warning at the beginning of the screenshot says)

The platform adds a tag to the pages to override that browser behavior but there is a fix related to it in the 10.0.603.0 release notes. Not sure what is the range of revisions that had it broken.

Also, note that the browser option only affects intranet sites (when not accessing the server with a full domain name or in the intranet list).

Regards,

João Rosado

J. wrote:

Btw, the errormessage is not something I recognize.

either it's weirdly translated, but imho it's something you wrote with an alert?

and seeing you determined it is in compability-mode (it will render the page with ie7 settings)

so you should try to add 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

to your application to force the browser to render it with the latest render-engine.


How can i add meta tag ?

err, answer  Joao's question first please :)

better to fix it with platform-server than to fix it custom.


João Rosado wrote:

What version of the platform are you using?

Its expected that it does not work in compatibility mode since that option turns IE11 into IE7 (like that warning at the beginning of the screenshot says)

The platform adds a tag to the pages to override that browser behavior but there is a fix related to it in the 10.0.603.0 release notes. Not sure what is the range of revisions that had it broken.

Also, note that the browser option only affects intranet sites (when not accessing the server with a full domain name or in the intranet list).

Regards,

João Rosado

My platform version is 10.0.303.0


J. wrote:

err, answer  Joao's question first please :)

better to fix it with platform-server than to fix it custom.


My platform version is 10.0.303.0


imho you should upgrade the platform at least,


In any case, if you want to test if the work-around is correct:

in HttpRequestHandler there is a meta-add-tag something...

there you add the meta-tag.

place the action somewhere that always be called (for example header, or layout)


Solution

I have added below server action in header web block preparation and its fixed 


Solution

Great to hear.

(still, don't forget to upgrade :) )