[Mobile] Dropdown Problem

[Mobile] Dropdown Problem

Dear Outsystems,

I have a list in which I display a specific question and then a dropdown box where an answer can be chosen. For some reason the questions are wiring up correctly but the answer list displays all the answers in list. How can I solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Werner

Hi Werner,

First of all, this is a community forum. This means that most of the time it won't be OutSystems answering the questions, but fellow developers (like me :)).

That said, it is difficult to tell what's going on without knowing what you did to display the answers (e.g. what widget). Can you post an example eSpace that shows the problem?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Werner,

First of all, this is a community forum. This means that most of the time it won't be OutSystems answering the questions, but fellow developers (like me :)).

That said, it is difficult to tell what's going on without knowing what you did to display the answers (e.g. what widget). Can you post an example eSpace that shows the problem?

Hi Killian,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am aware that this is a forum for fellow developers. I just say it for humor sake.

Can I take you up on the option of sending an example eSpace?  

Hi Werner,

Please give us some more context and preferably some example code.This feels like there is some sort of loop in your code from where the dropdown is endlessly filled with the static entity data. How is the dropdown filled exactly?

Regards,

Jasper

Hi Jasper Oudenaarden,

So basically the list above does have an end - there are 4 questions. The first 3 question have answers yes/no and the last one affordable/all/cheap/expensive etc. These question are called via SOAP API's and then written in local data and displayed on the list. The answers work similarly. So instead of getting just the specific answers for a question I'm getting back the whole list of answers. I'm still very new to the mobile platform so if you guys can help I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Werner

Hi Werner,

You can attach the eSpace here on the forum.