How can I notify the web screen, using a Balloon_Info ?

How can I notify the web screen, using a Balloon_Info ?

Hello

I'm trying to do the same as the Popup does, by notifying the web screen/web block above, but using the widget Popup_InfoBalloon. Anyone knows?

I'm using Outsystems 8.

Hi Pedro,

Inside the screen associated with the info balloon you can use a Notify action to notify the parent. This action is available on System actions.

Ana Reis 

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Pedro,

Inside the screen associated with the info balloon you can use a Notify action to notify the parent. This action is available on System actions.

Ana Reis 

I can't use the action NotifyWidget inside an action, associated with the info balloon. I thinks it's because the screen has a layout of a popup.

Regards,

Pedro Ramalho

Hi Pedro,

Sorry you are right the notify widget is to be used on webblocks, not screens.

Just to better understand your case why do you need to use a InfoBalloon instead of a popup editor?
'

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Pedro,

Sorry you are right the notify widget is to be used on webblocks, not screens.

Just to better understand your case why do you need to use a InfoBalloon instead of a popup editor?
'

Hi Ana,

It's a UX team choice.

Hi Pedro,

The purpose of the popup_InfoBalloon is mainly to show additional information when you mouse over a element of your page. When we need to do some action that will notify the parent screen we usually use Popup_Editor instead. I don't think there is an easy way to notify a parent screen from a popup_infoballon. I would try to work around the situation and understand why do they choose to use the infoballon instead of popup_editor. If it is a layout issue or the on mouse over functionality you may work around that in different ways instead of using the info_balloon. 

An other option may be to do your custom info_balloon instead of using the one from richwidgets.