How can i swipe right or left a screen with a lot of records??

How can i swipe right or left a screen with a lot of records??

Hi everyone,

What i want is :
- When i access to my screen i should be able to swipe right or left in order to make appear the next record or the previous record (respectively). The whole screen needs to change.
- The content of my screen is composed by different elements which depend on my record's Id but also some attributes which are coming from joined aggregates.

I tried :
- The carousel widget can maybe work but finally it is to slow (very very slow to charge new items when screen is changing...)

What should i do :
- Is there a better way to treat this kind of issue ?
- Is it a fetch data problem?
- Is it widget problem?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Montrozier Benoit wrote:

Hi everyone,

What i want is :
- When i access to my screen i should be able to swipe right or left in order to make appear the next record or the previous record (respectively). The whole screen needs to change.
- The content of my screen is composed by different elements which depend on my record's Id but also some attributes which are coming from joined aggregates.

I tried :
- The carousel widget can maybe work but finally it is to slow (very very slow to charge new items when screen is changing...)

What should i do :
- Is there a better way to treat this kind of issue ?
- Is it a fetch data problem?
- Is it widget problem?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Hi Montrozier.

I suppose you're developing a mobile app, right?

If that's the case, I think you need to rethink the pattern, because you can't forget that your app will run on several devices and different internet speeds.

First, you shouldn't get all the data online because that can take some time and offer the user an awful experience, so I think you should think about a sync mechanism to allow you to show some subsets of your full data set.

You can also try to identify the most common use cases for your page and sync only that data to the local storage and then, fetch small subsets each time you need to show more data, using a blank slate until you have the data on your side.

Also, check the carousel version that you have for mobile since on the first versions on P10 we add an implementation using jQuery and now the newest versions already have one fully implemented with javascript, which will give you a better performance.

Cheers,

GM