[Silk UI Web] Floating actions on Web

[Silk UI Web] Floating actions on Web

Forge Component
(50)
Published on 7 Aug (13 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
50 votes
Published on 7 Aug (13 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any way we can use the floating actions on the web or if there is anything similar to it available.

Currently the floating actions are only on the mobile. See below

https://silkui.outsystems.com/Patterns_Mobile.aspx#Mobile_Interaction_FloatingActions

Hi Hasani,

Why would you use this UI pattern for a web application? This is typically a pattern used for mobile devices, when space is limited and you also want to display an actionable button/menu. So from UX point of view there are better options to go for.
For example an actionmenu nearby the table or widget you want the actions to be targeted to.

Hope this helps you making a better choice ;)

Regards,

Jasper

Hi Jasper,

thanks for your response, I was just thinking of maybe using this when viewing the website on a mobile browser where space is more limited.

Also this maybe a different pattern but I noticed something similar on this  very site when I am typing a reply. It comes up as a "Quick Insert"

See the Image below, something like this is what i had in mind.

Solution

Oh yes, I see what you mean. But then it's not in the right bottom corner of the screen, but near the component it's used on (in this case the textarea). Hmm.....I don't think there's a Silk UI component for that :(

Solution

Ok cool, that is disappointing,  

OutSystems forums are using components that are not a part of Silk UI, maybe it should be added.

Thanks a lot for your help though.