Ghost Dependencies

Ghost Dependencies

HI,

I published a solution with an unused dependency, Offline Apps. So I removed this reference and deleted the application. Now when I try publish I have a error due a broken references but if refresh the dependencies I can publish with a warning due a missing Module. 

Anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Ana.

You may have an indirect broken dependencie on your end.

Try to open all the consumers of the element you need to refresh or take a look at Service Center to check if you're getting any error that could help you with some eSpace mentioned on the full error stack.

Cheers,

GM

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Ana.

You may have an indirect broken dependencie on your end.

Try to open all the consumers of the element you need to refresh or take a look at Service Center to check if you're getting any error that could help you with some eSpace mentioned on the full error stack.

Cheers,

GM

I reinstalled "Offline Apps" and this application only has a consumer, the Offline_Sample.

Hi Ana.

Can you show me the error you're getting and where/when are you getting it?

The error happens when I publish the module.
     When I open dependencies don't exist offline module, make sense because this app was deleted of environment, after update the dependencies I can publish with a warning of missing references.

You can click on refresh all and some old dependencies will disappear. If the old reference still appear on your screen you can delete it using the trash can icon that will appear.

Hi Ana.

Did you try to manually remove the references mentioned?

Hi Gonçalo,

I haven't references to offline to remove...

If you want you can send me in a PM the eSpaces to take a look because the issue is very strange. Otherwise, I can't really see another way to help you.

Hi Ana,

Did you try approach as suggested by Luciano?

when you go to refresh all dependencies and though don't see "Refresh All" option active, just click on Ok and it will give you broken references which you need to fix?

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Ana Sofia Santos wrote:

Hi Gonçalo,

I haven't references to offline to remove...

I don't have dependencies to refresh.

Hi Ana. Did you try using the menu Module -> Remove Unused Elements, and then publishing again?

Ana,

Can you please share sample espace?

Leonardo Fernandes wrote:

Hi Ana. Did you try using the menu Module -> Remove Unused Elements, and then publishing again?

Hi Leonardo,
Yes, I did, but I still have an error while publishing eSpace.

Suraj Borade wrote:

Ana,

Can you please share sample espace?

Hi Suraj,

I can't. 

It seems you are using some client actions (based on the error I saw in your picture). If this is the case, you could disable them in the system reference and replace for someone of the server side.

In the Truechange appears some error ?  Can you show to us ?

Solution

Hello Ana,

I already have a somewhat similar problem once.

Please, first, if you don't have yet, try to install the latest version of Service Studio. Sometimes there is a fix that could help solve the problem and very recently they launched a new version of the Service Studio.

Than, install again the Offline application from forge. You will have to force the install if your Server is version 10.
Go to your module and reference everything from the Offline (don't use anything).

Publish it.

Than remove the references and publish it again.

It seems that your module thinks that there are still a module Offline that is a producer and that is broken, but as you don't use anything, after refresh it allows you to publish it anyway.

Than, tell us if it worked :)

Cheers,
Eduardo

Solution