How to put files in drawable-xhdpi-v11 folder?

How to put files in drawable-xhdpi-v11 folder?

Hi.

We need to use custom small icons for android notifications and on documentation there is a mention that icon should be placed in drawable-*dpi-v11 directories instead of drawable-*dpi. How to set it on Extensibility configuration?

Warning:The style and dimensions of status bar icons have changed dramatically in Android 3.0 and 2.3 compared to previous versions. To provide support for all Android versions, developers should:

1. Place status bar icons for Android 3.0 and later in the drawable-xhdpi-v11, drawable-hdpi-v11,drawable-mdpi-v11, and drawable-ldpi-v11 directories.
  2. Place status bar icons for Android 2.3 in the drawable-xhdpi-v9, drawable-hdpi-v9, drawable-mdpi-v9, and drawable-ldpi-v9 directories.
  3. Place status bar icons for previous versions in drawable-xhdpi, drawable-hdpi, drawable-mdpi, and drawable-ldpi directories.

Thank you.

Hi Mykola.

Did you try the process described in the documentation about this subject?

Take a look at here - https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Customize_Your_Mobile_App/Extensibility_Configurations_JSON_Schema

Cheers,

GM

Hi Gonçalo,

Yes I'm using configuration setting from this documentation and it works fine for customizing app icons as I suppose it puts image files to folders respective density settings. But I don't see any setting for specifying the folder name where the image(icon) will be stored.

Hi Mykola.

Actually, I don't think you can define that kind of settings at that level since the build is managed by the platform both for iOS and Android.

Hi Gonçalo,

But there are different settings sets for iOS and for Android so there should not be a problem to separate settings for both platforms and there already exist and processed specific iOS or Android settings.

If currently it is not possible via configuration of the app then there should probably be another way - maybe additional settings for notification plugin where you put icons and on compile plugin use hooks to put images to correct corresponding folders.

Hi Mykola,

You can try and adapt the plugin I published in a previous thread to add the icons you need:

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/23123/add-drawable-icons-to-mobile-application/#Post90866

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more help.

CA

Right, @Carlos - by creating a new custom plugin it might be possible at the Cordova level.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you very much for sharing plugin - I will try it.