[Google Maps Plugin] 'JavaScripUtils' error on Google Maps Mobile Plugin

[Google Maps Plugin] 'JavaScripUtils' error on Google Maps Mobile Plugin

  
Forge Component
(3)
Published on 4 Aug by Grazina
3 votes
Published on 4 Aug by Grazina

Hi,


I am trying to use the Google Maps mobile plugin for a mobile (Android) outsystems app. When I test my app in browser I get the error "Producer 'JavascriptUtils' module definition is incompatile. Please update it." I get this error both in browser and on the device.


I have tried some other suggestions from a few forum searches such as removing the google maps dependency, re-adding the JavascritUtils plugin, publishing, then adding the google maps plugin in the dependency window.


I have also made sure to generate the native android app before testing as mentioned in this post here.

Hi Spiros,

By the message, what seems to be happening is that for some reason (like a server upgrade, for example), the JavascriptUtils module is outdated.

If it is this component, you can try installing the latest version.

Also, as pointed in here, you may need to refresh the dependences.

Cheers,
Eduardo

Jauch wrote:

Hi Spiros,

By the message, what seems to be happening is that for some reason (like a server upgrade, for example), the JavascriptUtils module is outdated.

If it is this component, you can try installing the latest version.

Also, as pointed in here, you may need to refresh the dependences.

Cheers,
Eduardo

This is a new project I started two days ago so it makes no sense for the component to be outdated. I checked version numbers I am using Javascript Utils version 1.1.0 and Outsystems platform 10.0.201.0

These versions should be up to date and compatible.


Hi Spiros,

Indeed, if you have the latest version already, probably this is not the origin of the error.

I just did a small test application using the Google Maps Mobile plugin. I used the Single Location Map.
The application worked as expected both in browser as well on my mobile (Android). 

The only different thing I did was to update the Common plugin, because I also installed the Google Maps Plugin Demo and it complained about it being not up to date (and in fact it wasn't).

So, could you provide a very small module with minimum code that still causes the problem so we can test it?

Cheers,
Eduardo 

P.S. I tested on a personal environment with platform version 10.0.603.0

Hello Spiros,

I made a small app based on the OML you've sent me. It worked. No problems. But the OML you sent me, even if it has as dependence the JavaScriptUtils, it does not use it.

But I noticed that when I open your module in my personal environment, it asked me to update the Google Maps Mobile (I'm not sure if this was the problem or if it is juts a new version recently uploaded). 

You can test the app here.

Besides that, I don't see any error. Did you tested this on a personal? Which version of server are you testing this?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Jauch wrote:

Hello Spiros,

I made a small app based on the OML you've sent me. It worked. No problems. But the OML you sent me, even if it has as dependence the JavaScriptUtils, it does not use it.

But I noticed that when I open your module in my personal environment, it asked me to update the Google Maps Mobile (I'm not sure if this was the problem or if it is juts a new version recently uploaded). 

You can test the app here.

Besides that, I don't see any error. Did you tested this on a personal? Which version of server are you testing this?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

I should be using version 10.0.603.0

I downloaded your OML file and I get the same error. When I test your link in my browser this, it works perfectly. When I test the same project on my server it does not work, here is the link to test.

Solution

Ok. I found this. And I think I already had some similar problem.

Could you try something? Just remove the reference to JavaScriptUtils and publish/run the program. Than add the references again and see what happens.

This seems like something "broken" in the "reference world" in your personal...
If this does not work at all, I have only two options left: Talk to the support (could take a while), try it in a new personal environment. 

We had a few cases in recent past (when upgrading from 9 to 10) where the personal environments became too unreliable and we had to create new ones.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

This seems like something "broken" in the "reference world" in your personal...
If this does not work at all, I have only two options left: Talk to the support (could take a while), try it in a new personal environment. 

^ This is the solution.